This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies: https://ocs.yale.edu/ocs-policies/. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. You will grow and learn in a culture that empowers your development. We have crafted an inclusive, global environment that values the power of diverse talent, backgrounds, and experiences to drive speed, efficiency, innovation, and growth.
Our internship program will give you a chance to get real world business experience and build your network before graduation. We are seeking an energetic, responsible intern to join our growing organization. In this position, you will learn the ins-and-outs of our daily routines and procedures. You will focus on learning how our organization runs, and will gain valuable insight that can further your interest in your chosen career field. This position has many opportunities to offer!
Customers throughout the globe rely on our extensive variety of products and services—from next-generation instruments to everyday lab essentials to life-saving medicine. If you desire to be a part of an extraordinary team, Thermo Fisher Scientific can provide you with the opportunity to work in Information Technology (IT) to support our teams that enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Thermo Fisher’s IT work is carried out by dedicated professionals who want to make a difference.
SUMMARY OF INTERNSHIP
Internship positions provide an opportunity for business, communications or marketing students to get hands on experience in a marketing and sales environment.
- Develop targeted and corporate-wide internal communications related to technology and security activities, events, and initiatives.
- Produce high-quality communications that are appropriate for intended audience and consistent with brand and editorial style guidelines.
- Translate key technical concepts for non-technical audiences.
- Collaborate with key partners, CIS Communications team, designers, and other cross-functional business professionals on large- and small-scale projects.
- Edit and proofread copy/content.
- Follow intake processes and procedures to effectively understand project requirements.
- Own the communications development process for projects, from the initial intake meeting to final result.
- Student currently enrolled in classes leading to an accredited Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in a related field.
- PREFERRED MAJORS: Communications, Marketing, Business, Computer Science or other related major
- Excellent written and oral communications skills are required, including editing and proofreading.
- Experience working with a variety of content formats, such as landing pages, email campaigns, infographics, and video scripts.
- Ability to easily communicate complex ideas across the business.
- Strong leadership and team building skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a cross-functional team
- Ability to learn, be mentored, and improve
- Accuracy and attention to detail is required in performing all functions of this position.
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal, time-management, and documentation skills.
- Proficient with the core MS Office suite.
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today!