Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
LOCATION / DIVISION
Remote U.S. / Laboratory Products
HOW WILL YOU MAKE AN IMPACT?
Thermo Fisher Scientific is seeking an experienced MBA Intern to support the Program Management Office (PMO) for the Laboratory Products Division (LPD). In this role, you will work with program management leadership to learn relevant New Product Development and Innovation processes and plan and deploy continuous improvement opportunities. The successful candidate will have a broad background in some or all of the following: Lean/continuous improvement, project/program management, business systems, business intelligence tools.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Learn the relevant New Product Development (NPD) and Innovation processes
- Work across the PMO team to consolidate, analyze, and prioritize documented lessons learned
- Create and implement a plan to integrate lessons learned into ways of working with a focus on “low hanging fruit/just do it” opportunities that can be completed during assignment timeframe
- Assess the framework that the PMO team leverages to share best practices/learnings and implement process improvements in collection, analysis, prioritization, and timely implementation of actions
- Report out on results of implementing lessons learned actions to PMO & leadership team
HOW WILL YOU GET HERE?
- BS/BA degree (or higher) in Marketing, Science, Engineering, Finance, Business, or related field required
- MBA or other relevant Master’s degree in progress
- 2+ years of cross functional work experience e.g., in Operations, R&D, Marketing, Project/Program Management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Strong background in analytics, program/project management, and/or facilitation
- Ability to learn other tools and evaluate tools for suitability of implementation
- Ability to provide a solid plan for complex projects including stakeholders alignment planning, communication planning and process change planning
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required to interact with all levels of the organization
- Excellent teamwork and negotiation skills
- Professional Project Management (e.g. certified by PMI®, Program Management Institute)
- Financial analysis and modeling capabilities
- Expertise with Lean tools such as value-stream mapping
NOTE: THE POSITION STARTS IN JUNE, PAID WORKING 40 HOURS PER WEEK THROUGH AUGUST. Opportunity exists for this position to continue through the academic year on a part-time basis to allow for class schedules.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.