This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies: https://ocs.yale.edu/ocs-policies/. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
The Performance Reporting Intern develops, updates, and runs tools used for contact center reporting and data management. This role will work closely with others in the Performance Reporting Team, Quality, Training, Resource Planning, and Site Management, to drive improved performance at our North America and Europe contact centers.
- Contact center reporting:
- Generate actionable reports that allow users to easily identify opportunities for improved contact center performance in areas like customer satisfaction, productivity, etc.
- Identify and implement process improvements in relation to data integrity, availability, ease of use, and automation.
- Perform root-cause analysis on data related system problems and recommend or execute corrective action.
- Assist with payroll and customer survey processes.
- Analyze reports and make recommendations to business to optimize performance of employees, teams, work flows, etc.
- Explain complex information in an easy to understand manner.
- Perform other duties, related to job role, as assigned or requested.
HOW WILL YOU GET HERE?
- Proficient with Power BI and Microsoft Office, including Access and Excel.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Pursuing bachelor’s degree in Business, IT, Quantitative Business Analysis, or related field.