When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. You’ll have the opportunity to grow and learn in a culture that empowers your development. We have created an inclusive, global environment that values the power of diverse talent, backgrounds, and experiences to drive speed, productivity, innovation, and growth.
Our internship program will give you a chance to get real world business experience and build your network before graduation. We are seeking an energetic, responsible intern to join our growing organization. In this position, you will be expected to learn the ins-and-outs of our daily routines and procedures. You will focus on learning how our organization runs, and can be expected to gain valuable insight that can further your interest in your chosen career field.
The student will support manufacturing and learning from manufacturing engineers. Find problems (big or small) and engage with employees to solve the issues. Some solutions may involve designing an assembly fixture or developing a new test process/tool. The main projects are identified problems, but don’t have a resource available to work on a solution. Other solutions may involve rewriting the Work Instructions with photos and generating an Engineering Change Notification to update documentation.
- Design a fluidics testing solution with chemical solutions for testing an instrument with differing liquid densities in an automated fashion.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities within the Operations team using Lean tools and working with manufacturing engineers.
- Student currently enrolled in classes leading to an accredited Bachelor’s degree in a related engineering, science or life science discipline
- PREFERRED MAJORS: Mechanical Engineer or Manufacturing Engineer
- Strong desire and motivation to develop a career in manufacturing/operations
- Strong leadership and team building skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a cross-functional team
- Willingness to learn, be mentored, and improve
- Desire to contribute and improve design of new and existing scientific instrumentation products
- Exceptional customer focus
- Desire to teach other engineers about technology in area of expertise
- Familiarity with of least one of the following tools: 3D CAD, electronic lab tools like a multimeter or more complex, basic understanding of electrical schematics.
- Previous industrial experience is preferred
- Aptitude for working with hands and having experience using hand-tools may be beneficial
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today!