This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies: https://ocs.yale.edu/ocs-policies/. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
SUMMARY OF INTERNSHIP
Protein Biology Research and Development Internship position provides an excellent opportunity for students to get hands on experience working with our scientific staff on an individual technical project leading to a poster and oral presentation that will be presented at the end of the internship at the Summer Science Forum on August 6th 2021. THE POSITION STARTS ON MAY 17TH AND RUNS FOR 12 WEEKS WITH PAID 40 WORKING HOURS PER WEEK. The R&D intern works under the close supervision of the assigned mentor and R&D Manager; and will be in close contact with Product and Program Managers.
- Follow the policies and procedures defined by the organization.
- Committed to accomplishing expected program outcomes. Work with mentor to create a high-quality presentation and poster that meets or exceeds standard of Summer Science Program
- Independently design experiments and conduct basic troubleshooting
- Maintain a clean and safe laboratory
- Communicate effectively and work efficiently with team members across R&D to support project requirements
- Perform other responsibilities to support the needs of the team, as assigned
- Must be enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program in Biology, Biochemistry, Organic Chemistry or related field
- Practical experience in the field of study is required
- A minimum of 3.0 GPA in science courses is required