This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies: https://ocs.yale.edu/ocs-policies/. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
SUMMARY OF INTERNSHIP
The Software Development Internship position provides an opportunity for engineering students who are currently pursuing a computer science, computer engineering, or like engineering degree to get hands on experience working with engineers in a fast-paced software design and software quality assurance environment. The software intern will contribute to development projects and advance best design practices. The position starts in June, paid working 40 hours per week through August. Opportunity exists for this position to continue through the academic year on a part-time basis to allow for class schedules.
- Provide engineering support related to product development projects including testing and design
- Support a variety of software engineering activities and may be assigned to a variety of engineering tasks throughout the department
- Be involved with many aspects of software quality assurance and some software design and analysis tasks
- Provide feedback on specifications and designs
- Learn about software engineering and instrumentation through daily activities.
- Accept candid feedback and look for areas of improvements
- Specific tasks will be tailored to the software interns experience level and abilities
- A software intern works under the close supervision of engineers, project managers, and software engineering managers
- Pursing an undergrad Engineering Degree
- Previous Internship Experience -Experience with SQL, C/C++, C# and some basic knowledge of AI (building models, apply algorithms, etc)
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.