This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies: https://ocs.yale.edu/ocs-policies/. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
Our internship program will give you a chance to get real world business experience and build your network before graduation. We are seeking an energetic, responsible intern to join our growing organization. In this position, you will be expected to learn the ins-and-outs of our daily routines and procedures. You will focus on learning how our organization runs, and can be expected to gain valuable insight that can further your interest in your chosen career field.
Customers throughout the globe rely on our extensive range of products and services—from next-generation instruments to everyday lab essentials to life-saving medicine. If you desire to be a part of a world-class team, Thermo Fisher Scientific can provide you with the opportunity to work in manufacturing to produce products that enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Operational Excellence in Manufacturing & Production is carried out by dedicated, team-oriented professionals who want to make a difference.
SUMMARY OF INTERNSHIP
Internship positions provide an opportunity for engineering and science students to get hands on experience in a manufacturing environment.
Internship opportunities within Operations may include but are not limited to:
- Manufacturing/Process Engineer
- Planning & Sourcing
- Supply Chain
Hiring Locations may include but are not limited to Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, California, Virginia, North Carolina, and South Carolina.
- Provide engineering support related to product development projects focusing on design elements
- Provide deliverables on designs to management of change committee
- Learn about process instrumentation diagrams and equipment operation manuals through daily activities.
- Accept candid feedback and look for areas of improvements
- Specific tasks will be tailored to the interns experience level and abilities
- Student currently enrolled in classes leading to an accredited Bachelor’s degree in a related engineering, science or life science discipline
- PREFERRED MAJORS: Operations, Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain, Chemical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Industrial Management, Logistics or other related major
- Strong desire and motivation to develop a career in manufacturing/operations
- Strong leadership and team building skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a cross-functional team
- Willingness to learn, be mentored, and improve
- Desire to contribute and improve design of new and existing scientific instrumentation products
- Exceptional customer focus
- Desire to teach other engineers about technology in area of expertise
- Familiarity with of least one of the following tools: AutoCAD, Solidworks, MP2, or HYSYS/UNISIM
- Previous industrial experience is preferred
- Aptitude for working with hands and having experience using hand-tools may be beneficial
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today!