SUPPLIER QUALITY INTERN
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. You’ll have the opportunity to grow and learn in a culture that empowers your development. We have created an inclusive, global environment that values the power of diverse talent, backgrounds, and experiences to drive speed, productivity, innovation, and growth.
Our internship program will give you a chance to get real world business experience and build your network before graduation. We are seeking an energetic, responsible intern to join our growing organization. In this position, you will be expected to learn the ins-and-outs of our daily routines and procedures. You will focus on learning how our organization runs, and can be expected to gain valuable insight that can further your interest in your chosen career field.
Customers throughout the globe rely on our extensive range of products and services—from next-generation instruments to everyday lab essentials to life-saving medicine. If you desire to be a part of a world-class team, Thermo Fisher Scientific can provide you with the opportunity to work in manufacturing to produce products that enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Operational Excellence in Manufacturing & Production is carried out by dedicated, team-oriented professionals who want to make a difference.
SUMMARY OF INTERNSHIP
Internship positions provide an opportunity for engineering and science students to get hands on experience in a manufacturing environment. The intern will gain experience in:
- Research best data base available in to host the portal. Looking for the requirements for available ERP/DBs access and technical capability.
- Outline steps and requirements and procedures to develop WEB based interface.
- Formulize Key Metrics Elements and tabulate and visualize the data such:
a. Defect rates for per million
b. RMA’s due to supplier fault
c. Supplier Deviation Request, SCAR
d. Cost of Quality
e. Audit and Surveillance
- There will be a lot of research about existing systems and software and their limitations. Will require basic data mining and scripting to reduce data an display them. All desk based work.
- Student currently enrolled in classes leading to an accredited Bachelor’s degree in a related engineering, science or life science discipline
- PREFERRED MAJORS: Computer Science, Industrial Engineering , Electrical and Mechanical Engineering
- Strong desire and motivation to develop a career in manufacturing/operations
- Strong leadership and team building skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a cross-functional team
- Willingness to learn, be mentored, and improve
- Desire to contribute and improve design of new and existing scientific instrumentation products
- Exceptional customer focus
- Desire to teach other engineers about technology in area of expertise
- Familiarity with of least one of the following tools: AutoCAD, Solidworks, MP2, or HYSYS/UNISIM
- Previous industrial experience is preferred
- Aptitude for working with hands and having experience using hand-tools may be beneficial
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today!