SUMMARY OF INTERNSHIP
The Water Analysis Applications Laboratory Internship position provides an opportunity for college students who are currently pursuing a science or chemistry degree to get hands on experience working with scientists in a collaborative research environment. The apps lab intern will research current analytical methods and develop new methods for water analysis instruments. THE POSITION STARTS IN JUNE, PAID WORKING 40 HOURS PER WEEK THROUGH AUGUST.
- Provide support related to new method and applications development projects for water analysis instrumentation, including: research on methods, design of experiment, testing, data evaluation, and generation of new application notes.
- Support a variety of applications lab activities and coordinate with other scientists, software engineers, technical service personnel, and/or sales team members.
- Be involved with many aspects of water analysis instrumentation, including operating and maintaining analytical instruments, generation of data, data analysis, and troubleshooting.
- Provide feedback on product performance, including the software user interface.
- Learn about water analysis instrumentation and applications through daily activities.
- Accept candid feedback and look for areas of improvements
- Specific tasks will be tailored to the intern’s experience level and abilities
- The intern works under the close supervision of Applications Laboratory Manager.
- Student currently enrolled in classes leading to a chemistry or like science field
- General chemistry or greater science knowledge required
- Analytical chemistry knowledge preferred