At Tishman Speyer, we are building a better tomorrow. The firm’s visionary leadership team and on the ground experts are unparalleled in their ability to foster innovation, anticipate global and local needs, and cultivate new initiatives, such as its tenant amenities platform ZO., and its flexible space and co-working brand Studio. For us, real estate is more than buildings. We focus on the intersections that matter most. The intersection of real estate and people, real estate and innovation, real estate and your local neighborhood. We build community and connection. Designing living rooms to labs, boardrooms to breakrooms, we put community at the center of everything we do. We use a transformative approach to build timeless communities that serve neighborhoods and cities with affordability, public space and easy accessibility.
Since its inception in 1978, Tishman Speyer has acquired, developed, and operated 420 properties, totaling 184 million square feet, with a combined value of approximately $97 billion (US). Its current portfolio includes many iconic communities and assets such as Rockefeller Center in New York City, The Springs in Shanghai, TaunusTurm in Frankfurt, and the Mission Rock neighborhood currently being realized in San Francisco.
ZO. is a recently launched business by Tishman Speyer that provides a workplace experience platform for Tishman Speyer customers, encompassing amenities and services, hospitality spaces, and communications. ZO. is now present in Tishman Speyer properties in the U.S., Europe, Brazil and China.
Our global platform of amenities provides on-site and virtual services including premium food options, fitness and education, medical and childcare, beauty services, and more. ZO. also operates premium hospitality spaces in Tishman Speyer buildings around the world that are exclusively for tenants and are the hub of our tenant community. These spaces host events and programming, food and beverage programs, speakers, health and wellness classes, screenings, and private tenant events.
Our priority is to create a hospitable, welcoming, and engaging environment that gets our customers excited to come to work each day.
As an Analyst for ZO., you will have a direct impact on the strategy and growth of the ZO. platform. You will be responsible for the analytics, research and problem solving that support strategic decision-making and operation of the platform. A successful candidate will combine analytical rigor with creative problem-solving to identify opportunities to differentiate, increase efficiency and grow adoption and engagement. The analyst will be involved with quantitative and qualitative analysis, including customer analytics, new project assessments, program performance analysis, budgeting and financial analysis, preparation of stakeholder communications, and general business operations. The analyst will also support analysis of prospective partnerships for the ZO. program, and support operations with existing partners. This role will collaborate in a dynamic team environment and interact with management and departments across the company, both locally (New York) and across our regional offices.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Support the growth strategy for the ZO. platform by analyzing operational and financial opportunities
- Perform analysis of program adoption, tenant engagement and marketing efforts
- Maintain and enhance customer insights tool within Tableau
- Create and develop program analyses, reports, presentations and communications that are delivered to the senior management, investors and other key stakeholders
- Synthesize complex information into clear takeaways and recommendations using both qualitative and quantitative methods
- Provide analysis to support investment decisions for new capital expenditures on ZO. amenity projects
- Conduct analysis of prospective partners for ZO. and performance of existing partnerships, and provide coordination and operational support for existing partners
- Support annual budgeting process. including coordination with regional ZO. teams and analyses on variances and opportunities
- Perform ongoing competitive analysis
- Work with regional teams to support efforts to optimize operations of the program
- Work with Senior Management and other departments on special projects, fund performance tracking and other analysis, as needed