This job is open to
- Career transition (CTAP, ICTAP, RPL)
- Federal employees – Competitive service
- Individuals with disabilities
- Land & base management
- Family of overseas employees
- Military spouses
This position is located within the Office of External Affairs (OEA), Operations Staff. OEA is responsible for providing developing and executing all communications for the FDA. OEA works closely with the people and programs across the agency daily to develop and execute communication strategy that supports the agency’s mission.
As an Acquisition Program Specialist you will perform the following duties:
- Serve as a Contracting Officer Representative (COR) Level II or higher.
- Serve as a liaison on acquisition issues and integrates with the offices within OEA to develop complete acquisition plan documents and requisitions for the submission to the Office of Acquisition and Grant Services (OAGS).Collaborate with program offices to develop statements of work (SOW), performance work statements, or statement of objectives, Independent Government Cost Estimates, and Request for Contract Acquisition packages.
- Participate in pre-award, post-award conferences, and/or kick-off meetings.
- Serve as a technical liaison between the Contractor and the Contracting Officer by monitoring the Contractor’s performance and delivery of the final products and/or services under the contract.
- Assist the Contractor and the Contracting Officer in interpreting technical requirements of the contract scope of work or specifications.
- Ensure the Contractor complies with the defined Statement of Work or specifications included in the contract.
- Review and evaluate the Contractor’s progress related to expenditures and recommends approval/disapproval for payment as appropriate.
- Recommend and justify changes desired in scope and/or technical provisions of the contract.
- Assist in developing, monitoring, maintaining and evaluating the Acquisition Budget, which includes participating in the overall planning and development of the funding levels.
- At the full performance grade level, you will execute pre-award and post-award contracting functions to include acquisition planning, soliciting quotes or offers, negotiating terms, developing award documents, and contract administration.
Travel Required: 25% or less – You may be expected to travel for this position.
Supervisory status: No
Promotion Potential: 13
Apply on USAJOBS!