This position is located in the Nanocore, Office of Scientific Coordination (OSC), National Center for Toxicological Research (NCTR), U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). NCTR’s primary mission is to conduct peer-reviewed research and develop new scientific tools for the FDA to improve public health. This research produces new data and innovative tools to solve complex health issues and anticipated toxicological problems, thus enhancing FDA regulatory decision making.
- Serve as a microscopy technician and provide microscopy support on projects for NCTR/Nanocore.
- Operate optical and electron microscopes or sample preparation of biological specimen.
- Apply the scientific knowledge in carrying out laboratory assignments, operations, techniques, or procedures.
- Train incoming laboratory personnel: graduate students, visiting scientists, and postdoctoral fellows.
- Training on the proper use of state-of-the art analytical equipment; experimental laboratory procedures; and procedures that ensure compliance with routine laboratory safety regulations.
Apply on USAJOBS by 5/27/21!
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor. Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate.