This position has vacancies in the following locations:
- Atlanta, GA
- Silver Spring, MD
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Raleigh, NC
- Lincoln, NE
- Queens, NY
- Dallas, TX
This Direct-Hire position is in the Food and Drug Administration and is located in the Office of Regulatory Affairs, Office of Human and Animal Food Operations, Office of State Cooperative Programs, Division of Retail Food Protection. Incumbent serves as the Division Director (Retail Food Protection) responsible for providing strategic oversight and planning, expert advice, management and leadership.
Position may be filled in the locations listed and will be determined upon selection.
Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American.
At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country, by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere! HHS is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
Join FDA and serve on the frontlines protecting our nation’s public health safety within the Office of Regulatory Affairs (ORA). At ORA, we work in a range of program areas and locations, with 227 offices and 13 laboratories throughout the nation or around the world. Our employees inspect product facilities; investigate criminal violations; analyze lab samples; provide administrative services, and much more. Be a part of ensuring that the thousands of products we use every day are safe and effective.
To view our ORA Vision, Mission, and Values please visit:
- Provides executive leadership and managerial direction necessary to the effective accomplishment of the Agency’s policies and responsibilities.
- Plans, organizes, and directs the activities of the division; balances workload and provides advice, guidance, and direction on a wide range of policy issues.
- Plans work to be accomplished by subordinates, sets and adjusts short-term priorities, and prepares schedules; and establishes measurement and analysis systems to ensure actions are timely and reviewed at critical points.
- Advises several State, Local, Tribe and Territory on matters relating to the preservation and improvement of the public health.
- Maintains cooperative relationships with the Agency leadership in the Office of Regulatory Affairs and the Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition; provides technical expertise from retail food protection management and staff.
Apply on USAJOBS: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/604877100#
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor. Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate.