Unilever international is…
(drum rolls) …. Unilever’s White Space Arm!
As the ninth global cluster, we work across the world to fill white spaces for Unilever.
We treat the business as our own.
As intrapreneurs, we introduce Unilever’s brands into white space geographies like Korea, Pacific Islands, Mongolia, and spearhead launches of iconic household brands like Dove, Lifebuoy, Sunlight, Fair & Lovely, TRESemme into big markets like U.S, China, Western Europe and SEAA.
As Unilever’s growth engine, we establish global white space businesses in key channels such as Health & Beauty, Discounters, E-Commerce and alternate channels such as travel retail, marketing to institutional partners like the United Nations, and seeding Unilever brands to overseas diaspora who crave for a taste of their familiar home brands.
Singapore is our global hub leading strategy, marketing thinking, seeding plans, and alignment with the global categories and supply chain.
Game changing business
SPEED is the mantra for our resounding success. To serve the underserved, we embrace a founder’s mentality, explore unchartered territories, redesign end-to-end business models to establish successful businesses. We make a difference by working fast and smart, nurturing our tribe, winning together and living by five tenets:
We will be the fastest route-to-market globally; We go where no (man, woman or distributor) has ever explored; Impossible is an opinion, not a fact; Speed is our currency; When brands are built right, they can last a lifetime.
About Business Development in UI…
- We build market positions in white spaces by identify new opportunities, developing, defining, negotiating and nurturing strong business relationships. We own the business’ P&L end-to-end, partner with customers, distributors and internal cross-functional teams to manage and grow existing businesses, to deliver growth through flawless execution of projects.
This role is important because…
- You’ll drive end-to-end management of seeding initiatives and manage existing business within the US and in Export markets; the Middle East/Pakistan markets
- You’ll coordinate across multi-functional teams to bring projects to life and drive business growth.
Your key responsibilities include…
- Leading, mapping and developing business and seeding opportunities in the US through data and insight activation
- Screening potential businesses through market analysis, deal requirements, potential and financial analysis
Establishing and Executing Business Plans
- Developing and managing business plans internally and externally, to craft end-to-end launch plans to drive route-to-market for new product development (NPD)
- Establishing supply chain networks and alignment with Category team on launches
Tracking and Monitoring Performance
- Creating business cases (P&L) and activation spend for sales and marketing budgets (TTS & BMI)
- Tracking and managing of key business metrics and KPIs across marketing and trade activities
- Reporting in-market activities and competitor data
- Leading and align cross functional teams to effectively manage projects
- Collaborating with local OpCo for synergies
To be a star, you’re likely to …
Be a strategic, highly adaptable and entrepreneurial person
Embrace a high growth mindset with strong love for consumers, shoppers and customers
Have strong financial acumen and analytical skills
Have strong communication, negotiation and influencing skills with key stakeholders
Have experience working and leading in cross-functional teams
To be great at this, you’ll have…
2 – 5 years’ experience in FMCG industry in Customer Development
A bachelor’s degree in any discipline
Knowledge of Urdu/Hindi is preferable to cater to specific market requirements
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity PostersEqual Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with DisabilitiesEmployment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.