Union Settlement Association is an on-the-ground resource for East Harlem residents of all ages, and a passionate advocate for the needs of underserved communities. Since opening our doors in 1895, we have brought education, wellness and community-building programs to our neighborhood, empowering New Yorkers with opportunities to better their lives. More than 350 staff works in our organization, and our services impact 10,000 people every year. By helping our neighbors realize their goals, we build the vitality and success of East Harlem. For more information about Union Settlement, please visit our website at www.unionsettlement.org.
Position: COVID Vaccine Outreach Worker
Reports to: Director of Community Outreach & Operations
Hours: Part-Time (20 Hours/Week)
Salary: $15.00 per hour
FLSA: N on-Exempt
Union Settlement is looking for three COVID Vaccine Outreach Workers to join our Outreach Department. The ideal candidates is highly motivated, organized and has a passion for serving communities in need. The candidate is prepared to join a fast paced work environment and ready to dive in to preparing to engage the East Harlem community on the COVID-19 Vaccine. The Outreach Worker will work with the team to identify places in the community to do outreach, organize virtual presentations and follow up with each community member to ensure they are assisted to schedule a vaccine appointment if needed. The COVID Vaccine Outreach Worker is a critical role at Union Settlement and the East Harlem community that will report to the Director of Outreach & Operations. The ideal candidate comes in with experience in outreach and the East Harlem community.
· Build strong relationships with stakeholders and community members in East Harlem.
· Engage East Harlem community members about the COVID-19 Vaccine through a variety of activities, including canvassing, tabling, phone-banking, text-banking, town halls, teach-ins, and other types of events.
· Track activities using both qualitative and quantitative methods.
· Participate in trainings and professional development opportunities.
· Support volunteer recruitment and training activities.
· High school diploma or GED required.
· Strong organizational skills and ability, time management and interpersonal skills (ability to connect with participants).
· Detail oriented with the ability to work in fast-paced and team-oriented environment.
· Experience in community engagement, campaign work, or other forms of direct outreach.
· Proficiency in use of technology such as laptop computers and tablets.
· Strong communication skills and ability to interact professional with staff and outside stakeholders.
· Good computer skills with experience in excel spreadsheets and Microsoft word.
· Good written and verbal communication skills.
· Passion for social justice and servicing low-income communities – previous experience in non-profit setting is a plus.
· Fluent in English, Spanish or Cantonese a must.
Pleases include Cover Letter, Resume and References.
UNION SETTLEMENT ASSOCIATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER