Union Settlement Association is an on-the-ground resource for East Harlem residents of all ages, and a passionate advocate for the needs of underserved communities. Since opening our doors in 1895, we have brought education, wellness and community-building programs to our neighborhood, empowering New Yorkers with opportunities to better their lives. More than 350 staff work in our organization, and our services impact 10,000 people every year. By helping our neighbors realize their goals, we build the vitality and success of East Harlem. For more information about Union Settlement, please visit our website at www.unionsettlement.org.
Position: IT Associate
Reports to: Director, Technology & Operations
Salary: $18.00 per hour
• Provides level 1 helpdesk and desktop support functions.
• Conducts work station and desktop installation, basic cabling, network monitoring, troubleshooting of network, and systems residing on the network.
• Provides Patch Management and Anti-Virus Management for physical desktop and laptops.
• Assists with warehouse functions to include asset tagging, inventory management and tracking, asset disposal, parts inventory, and working with Asset Management team.
• Performs preventative maintenance, to include checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
• Provides solutions to unresolved hardware and software problems through trouble-ticket system.
• Collaborates with Network Administration to identify and resolve user permission errors, provide and troubleshoot printer access, and manage AD group membership.
• Responsible for people management, including goal setting and providing performance feedback.
• Collaborates with representatives across multiple federal agencies and national laboratories to provide assistance in resolving IT problems.
• Provides recommendations to better assist end users and improve the overall efficiency of daily operating procedures.
• Collaborates with the IT Service Lead and management to assist with new deployments.
• Basic network knowledge and troubleshooting (VOIP, network printing, wireless, etc).
• Working knowledge of Windows 7 & 10.
• Experience with Imaging; a machine for deployments.
• Knowledge of audio/visual equipment setup, operations, quality control and maintenance.
• Basic knowledge of corporate, industry and professional standards.
• Detail oriented with the ability to work in fast-paced, team-oriented environment, illustrated by previous related professional level experience.
• Ability to demonstrate adaptability by ability to adapt to changes, delays, unexpected situations, and effectively manage competing demands.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to maintain a friendly, professional relationship with end clients.
• Flexibility to use a variety of supporting technologies, the ability to work under pressure and be capable of balancing competing demands and priorities.
• Excellent teamwork skills with a strong sense of responsibility, accountability, reliability, and commitment.
• Proficiency in use of technology such as laptop computers and tablets.
• Bilingual preferred.
Please include Cover Letter, Resume, References, and Salary.
UNION SETTLEMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER