Union Settlement Association is an on-the-ground resource for East Harlem residents of all ages, and a passionate advocate for the needs of underserved communities. Since opening our doors in 1895, we have brought education, wellness and community-building programs to our neighborhood, empowering New Yorkers with opportunities to better their lives. More than 350 staff work in our organization, and our services impact 10,000 people every year. By helping our neighbors realize their goals, we build the vitality and success of East Harlem. For more information about Union Settlement, please visit our website at www.unionsettlement.org.
Position: Supervising Psychotherapist
Department: Mental Health Services
Reports to: Clinical Supervisor
Hours: Full-Time (35 hours per week)
The Supervising Psychotherapist/Clinical Social Worker is part of the management team that has both administrative duties and clinical responsibilities. The Supervising Psychotherapist will be responsible for supervising licensed clinicians and monitoring their clinical documentation. The Supervising Psychotherapist will also carry a caseload of clients and provide individual, family and group counseling to clients. Responsibilities include on-call rotation, on-site crisis intervention, a few scheduled days with evening hours and participation in administrative/supervisor meetings.
• Provide individual, family, couples, and group psychotherapy and supportive to clients.
• Provide comprehensive assessment of all clients on caseload.
• Conduct treatment planning for all clients on caseload.
• Provide crisis intervention for all clients on caseload.
• Provide psychoeducation to clients.
• Conduct outreach to clients in order to ensure their attendance at appointments.
• Complete all appropriate documentation for each client on caseload.
• Collaborate with other service providers to bring services to clients.
• Actively participate in supervision, clinical case conferences and educational seminars.
• Actively participate in professional development activities.
• Supervise a caseload of psychotherapists.
• Responsible for annual evaluations of staff supervised.
• Required to be part of the on-call rotation.
• Responsible for working some evening hours.
• Maintain abreast to updates to standards, best practices and laws in consultation with Clinical Supervisor and Director.
• Additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Degree requirements Masters in Social Work required.
• Minimum of 3 years post Master’s degree of progressive clinical experience in a multi-facility setting.
• LCSW or LCAT required.
• SIFI preferred.
• Excellent computer skills and ability to learn data management systems.
• Excellent organizational ability and interpersonal skills.
• An appreciation for the needs of the East Harlem community and the importance of the social service work performed by Union Settlement.
Please include a cover letter, resume, writing sample, salary requirements, and contact information for at least three professional references.
UNION SETTLEMENT ASSOCIATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER