Unison Media is an award-winning, market-leading music communications agency based in New York City, with a new vision of how classical music, opera, and the performing arts can be promoted. Our work ranges from publicity and branding to websites, social media and digital marketing, with clients such as Gustavo Dudamel, Wynton Marsalis, Lawrence Brownlee, Jeremy Denk, Conrad Tao, the JACK Quartet, Warner Classics and many more. We also run a nonprofit concert series, Death of Classical, that has been featured everywhere from The New York Times to NPR to Vogue.
We’re looking for a part-time intern (a few days a week; hours flexible) to assist with and gain expertise in all aspects of our work, from social media strategy and content creation to video editing, building websites, and researching and pitching media. We want someone who can help us tell the stories of our artists in a way that will catch the eyes of the internet.
This internship is open to current college students and recent graduates, and offers credit and/or a small monthly stipend.
What we’re looking for:
- A passion for classical music: you have a background in the classical music world and are hoping to gain experience in the music industry
- Social media fluency: you’re familiar with best practices for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok, and are interested in brainstorming and producing multimedia content across all platforms
- An eye for web design: you understand the basics of template-based web design and how to create a compelling user experience for visitors to a site; comfort with platforms such as Squarespace, Webflow, and Mailchimp is a plus
- Graphic design and video/photo editing skills: you have an eye for visual design and experience with Canva, Adobe Photoshop, iMovie, etc.
- Media savvy: you keep up with the news and are familiar with major publications, both digital and print, that cover the arts, social justice, and current events; prior PR experience and comfort with databases such as Cision is a plus
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.