United States of Care is searching for an intern to join our Communications team for Summer 2021. The mission of United States of Care is to ensure that every single American has access to quality, affordable health care regardless of health status, social need, or income. As a nonpartisan nonprofit, we are building and mobilizing a movement to achieve long-lasting solutions that make health care better for everyone.
Interns will support all departments within United States of Care – policy and external affairs, operations, development, and public engagement, with particular emphasis on their focus area of communications. Potential projects include policy research and social media management. While the interns are a member of the United States of Care team, they are encouraged to take advantage of local/virtual health care and networking events, and to bring their learnings back to share with the team.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Support the United States of Care team in research, planning, and operations;
- Be able to read, understand, and summarize information and research in a concise manner;
- Stay up to date with current health care related policies.
- Draft and publish content for website;
- Draft and manage content for social media platforms;
- Organize press and state tracker spreadsheets;
- Support the members of the Communications team as necessary;
- Other duties as assigned by the Communications Team.
- Must have a strong commitment to ensuring every American has access to quality, affordable health care, and be open to operating in a bipartisan atmosphere exploring multiple policy solutions to achieve that mission;
- Preferably enrolled in an undergraduate or master’s program, with a focus on Communications, Business, Nonprofit Management, Leadership, Social Sciences, Public Health, Public Policy, Health Care, Liberal Arts or other applicable program, but all interested parties welcome to apply;
- Flexible and enthusiastic about working in a startup environment and willing to take on a wide range of tasks necessary to support a growing team;
- Self-directed, takes initiative, and able to manage competing priorities;
- Relevant work, volunteer, or internship experience;
- Strong communications and writing skills;
- Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, and social media management experience a plus;
- Experience writing press releases is a plus.