The Associate Data Scientist is responsible for the design and conduct of studies in the Center with the Director. Carries out or directs analyses of data. Presents results at scientific meetings and helps to prepare manuscripts for publication. Writes or assists with the preparation of grants. Provides functional supervision and direction to staff for data acquisition, data entry, quality control and data management.
Project Management, Statistical Analyses & Interpretation of Results:
• Responsible for data management together with a database consultant.
• Conducts statistical programming and analyses
• Interprets results and helps plan future investigations
Study Design and Planning:
• Helps plan research studies and analyses. Will leverage a large database and biorepository and publicly available databases.
Presentation, Manuscript Preparation, Grant Writing:
• Presents study results at scientific meetings
• Writes and co-authors manuscripts
• Helps to write sections of grant proposals
• Oversee adherence to study protocols and manuals of procedures to ensure quality control. May direct and supervise personnel working on research projects.
• Assess computer and technology needs of the Center
• Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
• Doctorate degree in epidemiology or other data analytic science degree preferred. Minimum of Master’s Degree in Epidemiology with 5 years experience.
• Expertise in design, conduct and analyses of epidemiologic studies.
• Strong quantitative, analytical abilities and attention to detail.
• Excellent proficiency in SAS programming and analyses.
• Knowledge of statistical and data management software.
• Excellent written and verbal skills and interpersonal communication skills
• Doctoral degree in epidemiology preferred.
Under the direction of the PI or designee
Functional supervision of research staff as assigned
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Individual will work mainly in a usual office environment. May also work on computerized biorepository databases.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, UMMS recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds.