America is going through a housing affordability crisis, where access to ownership is growing increasingly out of reach. 33% of Americans are renting, and 25% of those that are renting spend over half of their income on rent. As a direct result, nearly 75% of Americans have less than $1,000 in savings. These numbers are projected to only get worse for future generations, as student debt and the cost of living continue to balloon.
Up&Up offers a way for renters to access the financial benefits of ownership while they pay rent, providing a new, accessible modality for wealth creation. As the first program to give renters access to home price appreciation and cash flow on rental income, Up&Up allows renters to access the financial benefits of ownership with the flexibility of renting.
We’re a NYC-based team of former investment and technology professionals and are well-funded from top venture capitalists (Khosla, Kairos) and strategic angels from Opendoor, Morgan Stanley, JP Morgan, and Millennium. We’re looking for talented, hard-working, and passionate team members to help us make the benefits of ownership accessible to all.
One of the biggest (and most fun) challenges that we face is constructing a data driven real estate platform so that our real estate investors and customers win. As an analyst specializing in Data Science and Business Operations, you’ll leverage your technical skills to solve a variety of critical problems around the business.
This is not your typical analyst role – every member of our team has the chance to work on mission critical projects and grow quickly with the company. From your first week at work, you’ll be given responsibility for key projects and the opportunity to take on challenging problems.
What you’ll do:
- Rapidly diagnose and develop data driven solutions to key problems across the business
- Develop statistical and machine learning models that facilitate deal execution, customer research, and more
- Develop and maintain data processing pipelines and dashboards that inform key business decisions
- Own all aspects of technical projects from planning to implementation
- Coordinate with key stakeholders around the business to understand the implications of technical projects
- We’re looking for teammates who:
- Have research or professional experience with data analysis in a scientific computing language e.g. Python (preferred) or R
- Experience with SQL or the ability to learn it quickly on the job
- Understand the fundamentals of computer science, algorithms, data structures, etc.
- Are comfortable collaborating with both technical and non-technical teammates
- Love to proactively help/teach their teammates
- Are eager to develop their craft through exposure to unfamiliar, challenging problems
- Are prepared to learn on the job and pick up new skills rapidly
- Are comfortable working in a fast paced environment
- Care more about getting to the truth than being right
- Are not looking for a classic, highly structured analyst position with little responsibility
Also nice to have:
(Note: We are more interested in growth potential than prior experience for this role, so don’t worry if you don’t fulfill all (or any) of these additional criteria)
- Experience with machine learning and statistical modeling techniques
- Experience with data visualization, building dashboards
- Experience with data engineering
- Experience with Node.js, React, React Native
- Experience with a lower level programming language such as C/C++/Java
- Experience with the Google Cloud Platform
What you’ll get from Up&Up:
- The opportunity to join a mission driven company that is working on a novel solution to a major problem
- A culture that prioritizes thoughtfulness, mentorship, and hard work
- A team with a diverse set of expertise across Real Estate, Finance, Sales, Consulting, Engineering, and Data Science
- Competitive compensation and thoughtfully designed perks
- Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, commuter, 401k, etc)
- Flexible vacation policy with required time off – we work incredibly hard but also encourage taking time off to relax, reflect, and do what you love outside of work
Up&Up is committed to building a diverse and inclusive company that celebrates and develops individuals of all backgrounds. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage all applicants.