Up&Up is building a new way to live where renters earn like owners.
Instead of having a large portion of their cash stuck in a security deposit and making their landlords rich by paying off their mortgage, our customers have the opportunity to fractionally own their home and generate the exact same returns as an owner. At the end of their lease they can purchase the home or cash out.
You can read more about how it works here: https://upandup.co/how-it-works
Our guiding North Star is building a product where we’d be just as excited to be a renter as a property owner, not one that charges for the feeling of ownership without the benefits.
If we’re successful in changing the way people live before they own, we’ll unlock a decade of compounding wealth creation that will drastically change our customers’ financial futures.
To pull off this ambitious mission, we’ve built an incredible early team and been backed by Founders Fund, Khosla Ventures, and strategic angels from Opendoor, Morgan Stanley, JP Morgan, and Millennium.
What You’ll Get From Up&Up:
- The opportunity to join a mission-driven company that is working on a novel solution to a major problem
- A culture that prioritizes thoughtfulness, mentorship, and hard work
- A team with a diverse set of expertise across Real Estate, Finance, Sales, Engineering, and Data Science
- Competitive compensation and thoughtfully designed perks
- Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, commuter, 401k, etc)
- Flexible vacation policy with required time off – we work incredibly hard but also encourage taking time off to relax, reflect, and do what you love outside of work
- Frontend: React, React Native, Redux, GraphQL
- Backend: Node, Google Cloud Functions, Hasura
- Data processing: Python
- Database: Postgres, Firebase
Engineers at Up&Up take inputs from key stakeholders on our various teams to drive product development. We build quick prototypes, justify features/performance with data, and build high-quality applications for our customers, service providers, and internal team. Every engineer on our team has the chance to work on mission critical projects and grow quickly with the company.
- Contribute significant features across our products from start to finish
- Collaborate with our Product, Design, Capital, Operations, and Real Estate teams to drive product development
- Help the team make intelligent and pragmatic technical trade-offs
- Write scalable, simple, readable, and well-tested code