This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies: https://ocs.yale.edu/ocs-policies/. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
Urban Green Council is a non-profit organization working to transform buildings for a sustainable future in NYC and around the world. All internship positions will provide broad exposure to leading thinking in sustainability and the opportunity to positively impact the future of New York City.
These positions are subsidized through the NYSERDA Clean Energy Internship Program. Students must meet all NYSERDA eligibility requirements listed at the bottom of this job description in order to be considered.
All positions will be largely remote, but will require regular visits to the Urban Green office for select tasks and meetings.
Education Development Internship
The Education Development Intern will assist with the creation of curriculum materials for its flagship education programs: Crushing the Energy Code and GPRO: Green Professional Building Skills. Internship tasks will include researching curriculum content, searching for images to include in course materials, editing and formatting workbooks/presentations, and attending and reviewing courses.
The Policy Intern will help tackle NYC’s most pressing green building, energy efficiency and climate change challenges. This role will support our policy development and advocacy, including our efforts to advance building electrification in NYC’s multifamily buildings and to help shape an energy efficiency or carbon credit trading program for buildings. Internship tasks will include research and writing, data analysis, and supporting meetings and presentations.
The Research Intern will help tackle climate change by assisting the Research team in analyzing energy use in NYC to uncover trends and solutions needed to dramatically cut carbon emissions. Internship tasks will include report production, data analysis and visualization and administrative support.
NYSERDA Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible for the Clean Energy Internship Program, you must be at least one of the following:
- A New York State resident currently attending any college or university, regardless of location;
- An out-of-state student currently attending a college or university located in New York State;
- A New York State resident who is 16- to 24-years of age participating in a work preparedness training program such as Board of Cooperative Educational Service (BOCES), technical high schools, AmeriCorps NCC, the Excelsior Conservation AmeriCorps, etc.; or
- New York State resident military veteran
You must also meet these eligibility requirements:
- Must reside in New York State (not Long Island), and within commute distance of downtown Manhattan, for the duration of the internship term
- Must not have held another internship through the NYSERDA program
- Must be currently enrolled in a degree-granting program in Fall 2021
- Excellence: We strive for innovative high-quality programs and ideas.
- Inclusion: The diverse voices and backgrounds of our employees, board of directors, members, and partners make us stronger.
- Collaboration: We believe consensus delivers better solutions and teamwork is essential to our success.
- Engagement: We promote a culture of performance, participation, and curiosity.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Urban Green Council is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.