VanEck is a privately held global asset management firm founded in 1955. We develop forward-looking, intelligently designed, active and ETF strategies that strengthen long-term portfolios. We will provide qualified individuals with outstanding education and growth opportunities. If you are a high-energy individual with a strong work ethic, excellent team skills, and outstanding communication skills, we would like to speak with you.
VanEck’s Summer Intern Program includes exposure across the firm through educational, mentorship, and networking events. As an Intern, you will also be exposed to the firm’s senior management, gain an understanding of the financial services industry and learn critical business skills. Our internship program will build more than just your resume — it will challenge your knowledge, build your network and drive your career path. Our program spans 10 weeks and runs from June 7 – August 13.
An intern position is made available to help students nearing graduation acquire basic office skills and develop the knowledge of working within a corporate environment. Interns will learn to effectively interact with staff, clients and management as well as how to execute administrative tasks. The business analyst position has high visibility across the whole company. The business analyst intern will have the opportunity to have discussions with all departments to gain an understanding of how they operate. If you are looking to gain valuable hands-on experience while working with talented individuals, apply now!
Responsibilities will include:
• Meet with business units to understand their deliverables and requirements that need to be completed on a daily basis, whilst identifying processes to be automated,
• Develop project documents that are easy to understand by both Information Technology developers and business users,
• Assist in the development of financial model which can measure efficacy of results and cost impact,
• Assist in develop project plans including scheduling, resource allocation, identification of dependencies, and definition of success metrics,
• Understand the overall project management framework and how it fits within the company,
• Assist in the creation of appropriate project management documents and project management processes.
This position will entail:
• 70% Business Analysis
• 30% Project Management
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
• Some interest in Management Accounting, Information Technology and Funds Management.
• Good communication skills.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
• A working knowledge of Internet, MS Word and Excel is required. Basic understanding of databases, computer programing and system designs is desirable but not required.
• Excellent writing skills. Must be able to document testing rationale in a clear and succinct manner.
• Roll up your sleeve work ethic.
• Currently entering junior level (3rd year) or beyond within a 4 year college program.
• Some experience within a corporate environment is helpful but not required.
To perform successfully and gain the most from this internship, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Professional demeanor
• Capacity for learning new procedures/ideas
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability or marital status.
In order to be considered for this position, please submit resume with the subject line ‘Business Analyst Summer Intern’ to email@example.com.