VanEck is a privately held global asset management firm founded in 1955. We develop forward-looking, intelligently designed, active and ETF strategies that strengthen long-term portfolios. We will provide qualified individuals with outstanding education and growth opportunities. If you are a high-energy individual with a strong work ethic, excellent team skills, and outstanding communication skills, we would like to speak with you.
VanEck’s Summer Intern Program includes exposure across the firm through educational, mentorship, and networking events. As an Intern, you will also be exposed to the firm’s senior management, gain an understanding of the financial services industry and learn critical business skills. Our internship program will build more than just your resume — it will challenge your knowledge, build your network and drive your career path. Our program spans 10 weeks and runs from June 7 – August 13.
The Fixed Income ETF Portfolio Management team overseas a variety of portfolios in the taxable and municipal bond spaces. The five member team, all based in NYC, manages 16 funds in the US and Europe and is actively involved with the Product Management team in the development of future products. Our passively managed funds track indexes in such asset classes as Emerging Market local currency bonds, municipal high yield bonds, “fallen angel” bonds and green bonds. Our toolbox includes internally developed optimization programs, electronic trading platforms and plenty of excel macros. We are constantly looking to improve our processes and results, add efficiencies and develop new ideas. If you are looking to gain valuable hands-on experience while working with talented individuals, apply now!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Includes the following, other duties may be assigned as needed:
• Monitor markets and index and fund performance in global fixed income.
• Analyze various impacts on fund performance, including sampling risk, turnover, tax and custody charges.
• Help build reporting mechanisms for tracking error, trade analysis and compliance.
• Some interest in fixed income, emerging markets and/or public finance.
• Good communication skills.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
• A working knowledge Excel and familiarity with Bloomberg is helpful but not required.
• Roll up your sleeve work ethic.
Education and/or Experience
• Currently entering junior level (3rd year) or beyond within a 4 year college program.
• Some experience within a corporate environment is helpful but not required.
To perform successfully and gain the most from this internship, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Professional demeanor
• Capacity for learning new procedures/ideas
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability or marital status.
In order to be considered for this position, please submit resume with the subject line ‘Fixed Income ETF Summer Intern Undergraduate’ to email@example.com.