VanEck is a privately held global asset management firm founded in 1955. We develop forward-looking, intelligently designed, active and passive strategies that strengthen long-term portfolios. We will provide qualified individuals with outstanding education and growth opportunities.
VanEck’s Summer Intern Program includes exposure across the firm through educational, mentorship, and networking events. As an Intern, you will also be exposed to the firm’s senior management, gain an understanding of the financial services industry and learn critical business skills. Our program spans 10 weeks and typically runs from June 7 – August 13.
Hard assets is a team of 13 people within active management. We are a natural resource focused fund, with equity investments in energy, mining, agriculture, and renewable energy. The qualified individual will be working closely with our analysts and portfolio managers in day-to-day research and diligence of stocks. If you are looking to gain valuable hands-on experience while working with talented individuals, apply now!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Includes the following, other duties may be assigned as needed:
• Responsible for specific project(s) that will complement, improve or expand the team’s valuation tools or research databases.
• Help develop or customize company models and supply/demand models as needed.
• Research primarily focused on companies in energy (exploration & production and oilfield services) and/or oil and natural gas as a commodity.
• Locate pertinent company data from websites, public files (Annual reports, 10K, press releases, etc.), Bloomberg, or other sources to populate existing or new databases and/or models.
• Communicate with sell-side analysts and/or company representatives to obtain company or industry specific information.
• Help generate investment themes and ideas.