VanEck is a privately held global asset management firm founded in 1955, managing $40 billion. We develop forward-looking, intelligently designed, active and ETF strategies that strengthen long-term portfolios. We will provide qualified individuals with outstanding education and growth opportunities. If you are a high-energy individual with a strong work ethic, excellent team skills, and outstanding communication skills, we would like to speak with you.
VanEck’s Summer Intern Program includes exposure across the firm through educational, mentorship, and networking events. As an Intern, you will also be exposed to the firm’s senior management, gain an understanding of the financial services industry and learn critical business skills. Our internship program will build more than just your resume — it will challenge your knowledge, build your network and drive your career path. Our program spans 10 weeks and runs from June 7 – August 13. If you are looking to gain valuable hands-on experience while working with talented individuals, apply now!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Includes the following, other duties may be assigned as needed:
• Review and analyze business requirements to identify proper testing techniques and test conditions.
• Write QA documentation including test plan, test cases and test summary documents.
• Understanding different testing techniques to create and execute test cases/scripts.
• Create and maintain automated regression test scripts.
• Identify and report defects in standard templates.
• Work closely and collaborate with developers to ensure quality of solution(s) and timely resolution of defects.
• Conduct website testing that includes functional, UI, performance and cross browser testing.
• Work with the IT team to establish QA standards and procedures.
• Work well in a fast-paced team environment.
• Ability to analyze and resolve issues in a timely fashion.
• Ability to display assertiveness and a high level of self-confidence.
• Ability to quickly learn new systems and technology.
• Knowledge in different test methodologies and test techniques.
• Knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) and role of Quality Assurance in life cycle.
• Experience in manual testing, writing test plan and scripts.
• Coding experience in Java/Groovy is a must.
• Experience working with automation testing tools preferably Katalon Studio.
• A working knowledge of Internet, MS Word and Excel is required.
• Possesses strong organizational and time management skills, driving tasks to completion.
• Cumulative or major GPA of 3.0 or higher.
Education and/or Experience
• Currently entering junior level (3rd year) or beyond within a 4 year college program.
• Some experience within a corporate environment is helpful but not required.
• Bachelor’s Degree within a IT discipline.
To perform successfully and gain the most from this internship, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Professional demeanor
• Capacity for learning new procedures/ideas
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability or marital status.
In order to be considered for this position, please submit resume with the subject line ‘Software Quality Assurance Summer Intern’ to email@example.com