VanEck is a privately held global asset management firm founded in 1955. We develop forward-looking, intelligently designed, active and ETF strategies that strengthen long-term portfolios. We will provide qualified individuals with outstanding education and growth opportunities. If you are a high-energy individual with a strong work ethic, excellent team skills, and outstanding communication skills, we would like to speak with you.
VanEck’s Summer Intern Program includes exposure across the firm through educational, mentorship, and networking events. As an intern, you will also be exposed to the firm’s senior management, gain an understanding of the financial services industry and learn critical business skills. Our internship program will build more than just your resume — it will challenge your knowledge, build your network and drive your career path. Our program spans 10 weeks and runs from June 7 – August 13.
An intern position is made available to help students nearing graduation acquire basic office skills and develop the knowledge of working within a corporate environment. Interns will learn to effectively interact with staff, clients and management as well as how to execute administrative tasks. The operational risk position has high visibility across the whole company. The operational risk intern will have the opportunity to have discussions with all departments to gain an understanding of how they operate. If you are looking to gain valuable hands-on experience while working with talented individuals, apply now!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Includes the following, other duties may be assigned as needed:
• Learn the fundamentals of auditing by participating in operational, regulatory or information security audits.
• Gain insight into risk management processes by understanding what business processes and controls are, participating in control reviews/process walkthroughs, assist with the preparation of audit narratives, performing test of controls, documenting and analyzing results.
• Reviewing documents and processes to ensure compliance with documented policies, regulatory and/or business requirements.
• Participate in the development of audit reports, which requires summarizing test work and laying out findings and recommendations for business partners.
• Participate in communicating audit report results. Meet with individual department heads and discuss findings and recommendations.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.