VanEck is a privately held global asset management firm founded in 1955, managing $40 billion. We develop forward-looking, intelligently designed, active and ETF strategies that strengthen long-term portfolios. We will provide qualified individuals with outstanding education and growth opportunities. If you are a high-energy individual with a strong work ethic, excellent team skills, and outstanding communication skills, we would like to speak with you.
VanEck’s Summer Intern Program includes exposure across the firm through educational, mentorship, and networking events. As an Intern, you will also be exposed to the firm’s senior management, gain an understanding of the financial services industry and learn critical business skills. Our internship program will build more than just your resume — it will challenge your knowledge, build your network and drive your career path. Our program spans 10 weeks and typically runs from June 5 –August 11. If you are looking to gain valuable hands-on experience while working with talented individuals, apply now!
The individual for this position should have a passion for analysis, design, implementation, and testing of operations based work. A web developer Intern should have or be in the process of gaining knowledge of a content management systems, templates, applications, file and back end systems. Troubleshooting is a valuable skill set. A web developer intern should be capable of working as an individual contributor on a team and open to learning new technologies. Critical thinking, documentation, communication, project leadership, and pride in work are all skills critical to success in this role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities included but not limited to the following:
• Develop, create, and modify general computer application software or specialized programs
• Analyze user needs and develop software solutions
• Design or customize software for client use to optimize operational efficiency
• Improve existing systems by analyzing areas of modification
• Maintain systems by monitoring, identifying, and correcting software defects
• Create technical specifications and test plans
• Update knowledge and skills regularly through in-house and external courses, manuals, and new applications
This Intern position entails:
• 60% coding and content maintenance
• 40% requirements gathering and documentation