This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies: https://ocs.yale.edu/ocs-policies/. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing…
At Verizon, Finance is leading the formation of an advanced analytics arm that delivers world-class insights in driving business impacts through a data driven approach. This is a unique opportunity to be a subject matter expert, hands-on and contribute the experiences you’ve gained in your academic program. You’ll learn from the best minds in the industry and improve your knowledge regarding strategic business problem solving, data analytics, and strategic change initiatives in an environment that’s dedicated to industry superiority.In this role, you may have the opportunity to:
- Driving advanced analytics and embed Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning (AI/ML) techniques into business decisions.
- Translating predictive insights from complex analytical frameworks to provide executive level recommendations.
- Understanding, curating and setting up datasets that will be beneficial to support AI/ML as well as other Data Science work.
- Participating in the design, implementation, and interpretation of experiments/trials for continuous refinement of on-going strategies.
- Contributing and learning from a group of fellow advanced analytics practitioners on latest technologies and techniques.
- Identifying customer growth opportunities from new 5G revenue models.
- Optimizing Marketing Investments, Promotions and Pricing decisions to drive profitable growth.
- Forecasting and guiding Capital Investment decisions to drive maximum ROIC.
- Applying data science techniques to Cost Savings initiatives to drive optimized outcomes.
- Optimizing credit decisions/collections strategy using customer behavioral data science.
- Optimizing digital growth by balancing omni-channel experience and profitability.
- Building product and channel level churn prediction models.
You must be currently enrolled in a degree program and in good academic standing to be considered.
If you are interested in other roles and locations in addition to this one, please submit your application to those postings as well in order to be considered.
The internship will be a hybrid model (combined virtual/work from home and in-office experience). You must be willing to travel for orientation and travel up to 40% (up to 4 weeks) of the internship program to Basking Ridge, NJ.
What we’re looking for…
You’re a motivated self-starter. Never satisfied with the status quo, you’re always trying to beat a personal best. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day. You are flexible, dependable and work well in varying environments. Learning quickly is personally rewarding and inspires you to take smart risks.You’ll need to have:Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s degree program with a concentration in Quantitative Finance, Finance Engineering, Computer Engineering, Data or Business Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Operations Research or related major with an expected completion date between December 2022 and June 2023.Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship.Willingness to align to Basking Ridge, NJ work location.Willingness to travel within your assigned work location for up to 40% of the internship program.Even better if you have:
- Experience with SAS, R, or Python.
- Demonstrated experience in enterprise scale data environments using Teradata, Google BQ and on Hadoop Clusters/Hive/Scala/Spark.
- Ability to program in SQL.
- Experience with data management, analysis, and visualization to realize absolute and incremental commercial gains.
- Demonstrated experience in using machine learning techniques to solve business problems.
- Experience in Hadoop Clusters/Hive/Scala/Spark.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking, relationship management and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated strong analytical, communication, leadership and presentation skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion (https://www.verizon.com/about/careers/work-culture) page to learn more.