This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies: https://ocs.yale.edu/ocs-policies/. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network – enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers. YOU’REan Individual.WE’REthe team for you.TOGETHER, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The VBS B2B Fintech Undergraduate intern will be responsible for helping leadership to develop strategy for new business, for example, the critical Cross-Border and Entertainment Fintech strategies. These new verticals show promise of a huge upswell of disruption against legacy incumbents, of which Visa is an integral part.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of one of the most exciting and dynamic teams within Visa. The VBS Partnerships and B2B Fintech team is a part of Visa Business Solutions (VBS). VBS has overall responsibility for all aspects of business strategy, development and management for B2B products, platform, and information management. All efforts are to tap into the $120T global opportunity for Visa. VBS products serve small business, middle market and large multinational companies, governments and commercial supply chain/B2B segments.
The successful candidate will gain broad experience and insight into Visa’s business across the globe including:
- Network B2B Payments Expertise: Learn how VBS fits into Visa’s value add story and specifically where partnerships drive impact with Cardable, Non-Card and New Payment Flows such as B2B Connect and Visa Direct
- Research opportunity within a finite group of exciting new verticals such as commercial real estate and construction and others with growth potential and build out pipeline.
- Identify key industry leaders to target for partnership discussions building external network in the payments ecosystem. Candidate will have the opportunity to have discussions with Fintech senior contacts and drive the dialogue.
- Develop and manage client facing materials with the opportunity to co-present to senior leadership or potential partners.
- PURSUING A BACHELORS DEGREE, GRADUATING DECEMBER 2022 OR LATER
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 (or equivalent scale)
- Strong communications skills, specifically, the absence of repeated grammatical or typographical errors, clear and concise written and spoken communications, and communications that demonstrate professional judgment.
- Work Authorization: Permanent Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position. Future sponsorship will not be considered.
- Strategic thinking and a global mindset
- Ability to extract insights from research using advanced excel and financial data
- Experience developing concise and compelling PowerPoint
- Good organization and project management skills
- Self-starter who maintains good collaboration and coordination with teammates
- Permanent Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position. Future sponsorship will not be considered.
- This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0-5% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting.The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer.Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.