Software Engineer – 2022 New Grad
Vise is an investment management platform built for financial advisors. Founded in 2016, Vise gives advisors the tools and technology they need to grow their business and help clients achieve their goals. By empowering advisors, Vise advances its mission of creating financial freedom for everyone. Vise is backed by Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, Bond Capital and Ribbit Capital, and recently completed a Series C funding round.
We are looking for curious and execution focused Software Engineers to help solve real problems that our users face. Depending on the team, this includes features such as portfolio intelligence & explainability of our algorithm, the systems and tools that Vise uses, and user experience. We hold our product to a high standard valuing correctness, quality, and trustworthiness to reflect the values of the users we serve.
Our engineering organization is built around three principles: Inclusivity, Trustworthiness, & Strive for Excellence. We embody an open, collaborative and inclusive spirit, and we value autonomy with accountability to learn & grow from both our wins and mistakes. This role can be based in San Francisco, CA or New York, NY.
Check out our Intern & New Grad FAQ page: https://uniVISErty.splashthat.com/
What you will own
- Work on cross-functional projects, directly collaborating with other engineers and teams in Product, Design, and Quant
- Build the skills to own a project from beginning to end, learning project management and technical leadership skills from some of the best engineers in the industry
- Participate in giving feedback on code reviews and technical designs
What you will bring on Day 1
- A degree in Computer Science or a directly related field by 2022, or equivalent work experience
- Experience either in internships or working collaboratively on multi-person coding projects in a professional setting
- Eager to learn unfamiliar systems and curiosity for the fintech space
- Fluent in English
Our stack: Go, Python, Postgres, Express, TypeScript, Node, React, Redux, and AWS
Vise celebrates and embraces diversity and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of experiences, backgrounds, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.