Vista Equity Partners is looking for individuals to join a highly selective summer program at a dynamic, industry-leading private equity firm. The 10-week, paid internship program is an opportunity to expand your knowledge of the software and the private equity industries while gaining exposure to Vista’s disciplined investment philosophy and best practices in portfolio company management. Vista’s emphasis on training and our history of hiring and promoting from within make the Internship Program a truly unique opportunity
Our 2021 Summer program will be based in our Austin, TX office. The program starts with two weeks of intensive training led by deal team members, followed by 8 weeks of true “on-the-desk” experience as a part of the private equity team. After a successful summer, subsequent full-time opportunities will exist in either Austin, TX or Chicago, IL.
Upon submission of your application, you will automatically receive a link to an online assessment.
For your application to be considered, you must complete this assessment by the application deadline.
• Due diligence and deal execution: work with deal teams to evaluate potential investment opportunities through industry research, data analysis, and the review of financial and business information, and support in the execution of live deals
• Portfolio company management: assist in the reporting, oversight, and operations of existing portfolio companies while implementing Vista’s best practices (e.g. organizational structure optimization, sales execution, financial valuations, etc.)
• Firm operations and strategy: support cross-departmental strategic initiatives and capital raising; research and identify new investing opportunities to refine Vista’s software aperture
• Current students enrolled in an undergraduate program, graduating between Winter 2021 – Spring 2022
• Demonstrated track record of academic success and/or professional pursuits
• High degree of personal and professional maturity
• Demonstrated ability to internalize feedback and improve through coaching and training
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Self-motivated with a high degree of initiative
• Exceptional work ethic and a deep sense of accountability
• Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
• Interest in financial markets and technology industry sectors and trends