Are you passionate about Disney and the strategy behind our parks, experiences, and products? Do you want to play a role in creating and launching new businesses across the globe? Can you help our portfolio of best-in-class businesses continue to grow and innovate? Then join us in Global Development.
The Analyst role applies ingenuity, creativity, and analytical skills in identifying and evaluating strategic opportunities across the segment. Analysts are responsible for financial models, industry research, data analysis, crafting storylines, and presenting to leadership. You will collaborate with Sr. Analysts and Associates as well as work directly with Managers, Directors, and VPs.
Global Development is the in-house strategic consulting and business development group that supports Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products. We are charged with assessing near- and long-term growth opportunities that maximize value for the entire segment. The team’s work spans across all business units (e.g., theme parks, hotels, cruise, retail, real estate, technology, and other major segment organizations) and geographies (US, Asia, Europe, and beyond). The team is highly visible in the organization with regular exposure to senior executives at The Walt Disney Company.
– Build financial models to evaluate demand, financial returns, and tradeoffs
– Analyze data and industry research to support models and storylines
– Help develop and deliver presentations for senior management throughout the Company
– Contribute critical thinking by interpreting outputs and considering implications
– Pitch new business ideas regularly to be considered by management
– Partner with internal Disney teams such as Imagineering, Marketing/Consumer Insights, Revenue Management, and Finance to analyze data and execute work plans
– Potential for some travel to international sites
– Top academic achievement
– Analytical and data-driven critical thinking skills
– Ability to collaborate with a cross-functional group
– Self-starter attitude with ability to succeed in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
– Experience in quantitative analyses / financial modeling preferred
– Prior experience in investment banking, consulting, or other relevant field preferred