Ward Ferry is an independent investment firm founded in 2000 and based in Hong Kong. The investment style of the fund is a long only equity strategy that employs a “private equity” type approach and investment horizon to investing in public markets. We are fundamental research driven stock pickers and strive to know our investments better than others through an intensive research process that emphasizes proprietary due diligence. Our investment universe is comprised of companies in the Asia Pacific region, or impacted by the Asia Pacific region. We have a multi-year investment time horizon and target low portfolio turnover.
We are looking for an intern to work with the investment team in Hong Kong for a 10-week internship during the summer of 2021.
The intern will support the investment team’s research efforts, especially in analysis and due diligence of listed companies in the Asia Pacific region. Specific activities will be determined based on the team’s need and each intern’s skillset.
The intern will have exposure to nearly all aspects of the investment process, including idea generation, primary due diligence, financial modelling, investment memos and presentations. Previous projects have included:
– Market research on the evolution of digital payments, digital banking and other financial technologies in Japan and Korea
– Analysis of a leading convenience foods and quick service restaurant chain in China
– Channel checks on automobile and motorcycle manufacturers and dealerships in India
– Current student, including any who are taking a gap year/term.
– Smart, motivated, and creative.
– Genuine interest in investing and research.
– Good communication and presentation skills.
– Fluency in English.
– Personal experience and/or knowledge of at least one Asia-Pacific country.
Monthly salary will be commensurate with market practice, to be discussed at a later stage.
Please send your resume and a writing sample (either a stock pitch or an assignment prepared for a class at your university) to email@example.com