This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies: https://ocs.yale.edu/ocs-policies/. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
The Washington Square Park Conservancy is a not for profit organization working with NYC Parks and neighborhood groups to ensure that Washington Square Park continues as a diverse and historical urban green space through engaging volunteers and raising funds to help keep the park clean, safe and beautiful. The Administrative/Virtual Program intern will work closely with the Deputy Director and Sr. Community Relations Manager to support the Conservancy’s efforts. This is primarily a remote internship position, with some in-person work (outdoors in Washington Square Park) according to local COVID regulations.
Administrative Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with fundraising database management.
- Organizing organizational records and images
- Coordinating/communicating with WSPC’s board.
- Assisting with email list/contact list organization.
- Assisting with physical mailings.
- Assisting WSPC calendar/scheduling.
- Monitoring organization email accounts.
Virtual Program Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating virtual programs, such as fitness classes, online lectures, children’s activities, etc.
- Management of WSPC online event page/calendar.
- Assisting Sr. Community Relations Manager with advertising virtual and in-Park events.
- Coordination with Community Arts Grantees for virtual events.
- Assisting with WSPC volunteers (scheduling, communications, etc.)
- Opportunities to assist the Sr. Community Relations Manager/Deputy Director at in-Park programs and events.
- Opportunities to innovate within WSPC’s program structure.
Work Hours and Compensation:
- Interns will work 15 hours per week, scheduling of those hours is flexible and will be determined between you and WSPC prior to internship start date.
- This is a 4-month position, beginning in May.
- Compensation: school credit or $15/hr.
- College sophomore or above.
- Access to a computer or other internet-enabled device with a microphone and webcam.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work with limited supervision.
- Connection to Washington Square Park/Greenwich Village community a plus.
- Ability to work in-person at Washington Square Park (dependent on permissions by local regulations according to COVID restrictions).