Who We Are
Our Marketing team drives growth for Wayfair on every major advertising platform. We aren’t your standard marketers: we own the strategy, P&L, and roadmaps for our portfolio of cutting-edge and in-house-built marketing and AdTech products. We leverage deep quantitative analytics and technology to acquire high-potential customers and engage them to come back again and again. We have petabytes of data at our fingertips, which we utilize to build algorithms and automated solutions to take our “Zillions thing home” offering and personalize it to each and every customer.
Technical marketing analysts drive roadmaps, build prototypes, proof of concepts and perform exploratory data analysis. This is all in support of validating hypotheses before partnering with engineering and data science to implement solutions at scale. They work on highly cross functional initiatives, building capabilities across all brands (Wayfair, AllModern, Joss & Main, Birch Lane, Perigold) and geographies (North America, Europe) while owning a specific marketing channel (e.g. paid search, display advertising, email marketing, social media, TV/Online video, etc.). Collectively these marketing channels spend over a billion dollars annually and technical analysts are a critical part of their success.
What You’ll Do
- Develop novel targeting and segmentation approaches to acquire new customers and bring existing customers back, then partner with data science and engineering teams to launch across marketing channels and geographies.
- Leverage your deep understanding of statistics and technical programming skills (Python, R, SQL, etc.) to conduct advanced analytics on large data sets to identify opportunities and validate hypotheses.
- Drive operational excellence through real time monitoring, alerting and automation to ensure a rapid response to changes in competitive dynamics and customer behaviors
- Collaborate directly with and regularly provide updates on progress to channel, brand, and leadership across North America and Europe.
What You’ll Need
- Currently enrolled in Bachelor’s degree program; with a quantitative focus (i.e. Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering)
- Proficiency in a structured programming language (e.g., advanced R, Python, SQL) with a strong desire and ability to further develop skill set.
- Strong quantitative experience, with the ability to generate insights and solutions or build a story and strategy from large data sets.
- Excellent critical thinking and verbal and written communication skills – ability to break down and communicate complex ideas in order to influence cross-functional stakeholders.
- An ownership mindset with the ability to thrive in a highly ambiguous and fast-paced environment with a dynamic bias for action and a “get stuff done” attitude
- A desire to win as a team – collaborative team player who wants to see themselves and others succeed and thrive
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.