This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies: https://ocs.yale.edu/ocs-policies/. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
COME DEMONSTRATE YOUR PASSION FOR CHILD & FAMILY EMPOWERMENT BY JOINING THE WAYSIDE TEAM! At Wayside, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative, and equity- focused community that approaches client care as a matter of social justice. Wayside is one of Massachusetts’ most respected child and family serving agencies with program locations across Central, Eastern and Northeastern Massachusetts serving more than 6,000 children, young adults, and families each year. Wayside thinks of our employees as whole people and invests in benefits to support employee wellness.
- Tuition, training & student loan reimbursement
- PTO Package: 3 Wellness Days (time off), 9 Paid Holidays, Up to 3 weeks of vacation (in your first year)
- A learning environment – free training institute with thought leaders, CEU trainings & program trainings, etc.
- Financial health supports
- Equity focused medical benefits
- Teamwork atmosphere
- Career development support – a great place to grow your career!!!
Position: Young Adult Peer Mentor Location: Charlton Salary Range: $19.25 Wayside Youth & Family Support Network’s Milford site is hiring for creative and empathetic Young Adult Peer Mentors with personal “lived” experience in the behavioral health system. We provide a supportive culture that is team-focused and places value on healthy work dynamics. This position can be full or part time. What you will do:
- Use your story and experience to provide hope, information, advocacy and one on one support to young adults learning to manage their mental health challenges.
- Promote skill building in the life domains of: social functioning, symptom management, coping skills and activities of daily living.
- Collaborate with all members of the team to ensure continuity in treatment, services, and messages delivered.
- Provide both “soft” services (mentoring, counseling, skill-building) with identified clients as well as “hard” services including transportation, referrals, accessing concrete services such as furniture, food, etc.
- Serve as an advocate and attend meetings with the family and as requested by the youth and/or family.
Competencies/Traits of Our Superstars:
- Talent connecting with people
- Strong communication skills -both written and verbal
- Ability to assess and manage risk
- Flexibility and creative thinking with an ability to adapt
- Strong boundaries
- Personal experience managing your own mental illness, trauma, and/or substance dependency
- Valid driver’s license/access to reliable automobile
We can train you in : Motivational Interviewing; Courageous Conversations; Trauma Informed Practice Starting Salary $19.25/hour Salary for this position ranges from the “base” rate of pay (as listed above)-for someone with the minimum required credentials. Adjustments up from the base rate of pay could include such factors as years of related experience externally, educational background, years at another position within Wayside, needed language fluency, and/or particular areas of expertise. Wayside welcomes equity-minded applicants whose values align with our goal of being a child welfare and behavioral health agency committed to anti-racism, social justice, and advocacy. Successful candidates are asked to be engaged in Wayside’s dedication to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. Bilingual/bicultural and LGBTQ+ applicants are encouraged to apply!