This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies: https://ocs.yale.edu/ocs-policies/. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
Wee the People is a clothing & lifestyle brand that empowers and inspires children to make positive change in the world.
We are looking for a Social Media Marketing Intern to join our team and help support our growing social media presence.
The position will provide the intern with an on-the-job learning opportunity to hone their social media, influencer marketing, and strategy skills.
You will work closely with our small team to create engaging content, manage influencer outreach, monitor and engage in social media conversations, and generate reports that reflect online sentiment and buzz.
- Community management of our Instagram and Facebook pages.
- Engage in the creative process for marketing collateral, email marketing, website content.
- Engaging with customers by answering their questions and posting stories.
- Assist in the development of marketing and customer acquisition plan
- Market + competitor research
- Analyze market data to be utilized in decision-making
- Analysis of website and social media traffic
- Development of TikTok account.
- Excellent writing and communication skills with a positive attitude.
- A passion for marketing, specifically social media.
- An innate passion for social issues, social entrepreneurship as a whole
- Experience posting content & have an understanding what content drives engagements
- Good understanding of social media marketing best practices
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Driven and self-motivated
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at once without constant oversight.
- Comfortable asking questions, being candid, and providing feedback
Please include a cover letter and links to your social media accounts as well as examples of any that you have worked on (if relevant).
Wee the People is a children’s clothing brand on a mission. We believe that children are naturally curious and compassionate, and it is often the youngest among us who have the clearest vision, the boldest ideas, and the strongest ideals that – if fostered – will one day bring about positive change. We’re here to support that. We design cool shirts with upbeat, progressive messages that resonate with kids, to spark questions about what it means to be good (little) citizens. We draw inspiration from the optimism of our kids and the simple things they want: fresh air, clean playgrounds, honest adults. Our shirts uplift positive messages, affirming basic rights to a healthy planet, a solid education, and an equitable society.
Our designs are clean, our messages simple, and our t-shirts are well-made – and super soft. We run our business in a way our children can be proud of. We use t-shirts that are ethically-sourced and all of our screen printing is done in the USA. Our shirts are designed to be worn by any and all children, regardless of where they fall on the gender spectrum. Most importantly, ten percent of our profits are donated to our favorite progressive non-profits, which are youth-led wherever possible.
A t-shirt might not save the world, but if they inspire or empower our children in any way, we think it’s a worthy start.