MD – Rockville
Westat is an employee-owned corporation providing research services to agencies of the U.S. Government, as well as businesses, foundations, and state and local governments. Westat’s research, technical, and administrative staff of more than 2,000 is located at our headquarters in Rockville, Maryland, near Washington, DC.
Westat is seeking an application developer responsible for assisting in the design, development, maintenance, and support of the department’s software applications.
• Gather, document and implement requirements for any new project and develop production reports.
• Develop and implement COTS and proprietary applications for survey data collection and operations support.
• Provide support to end users including production support and troubleshooting, and site/content management.
• A bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or quantitative field with at least 2 or more years of relevant experience or a master’s degree computer science, information technology or a quantitative field with 1 year of related experience is required.
• Must be able to travel between Westat locations in immediate area.
• Experience with common process, procedural programming languages (C, C++, and Java), database and documentation tools, e.g. SharePoint, Active Directory or database management, and SQL Server is preferred. Systems such as Survey Data Collection Platform and SharePoint a plus.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work with other systems analysts and Operations Managers in a team environment is a plus. Candidates must have strong skills with the ability to evaluate situations and develop decision recommendations or enhancements. Must have the ability to work on multiple initiatives/projects concurrently. To be successful in this role you must possess strong programming skills, analytical mind, detail orientation, a strong work ethic, and a highly organized approach to work. Applicants should be able to work in a team environment. Strong desire to learn new skills and technologies.
Westat offers competitive benefits with ESOP, 401k, Health, Dental, paid vacation, sick and holiday leave, professional development as well as other benefits.
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, or any other protected status under applicable law.
Computer Systems and Applications