The Box Office Supervisor (BOS) supports the Box Office Manager in the everyday function of the box office, including single ticket and subscription ticket sales and processing and providing exceptional customer service to WCP patrons. Additionally, the Box Office Supervisor will serve as the First-Time Subscriber Concierge.
- Aid in day-to-day functions of the Box Office, including answering phones, listening to voicemails, processing ticket orders received via mail or fax, resolving any customer disputes and complaints, and preparing will call tickets on performance days.
- On production days, the BOS will work the will-call window and, when scheduled, stay through intermission to process ticket orders and help answer questions.
- During the run of each show, the BOS will determine which subscribers have not attended on their ticketed night and will work with other Box Office staff to call these subscribers and attempt to exchange them to an upcoming performance.
- As First-Time Subscriber Concierge, the BOS will mail first time subscribers a welcome packet, working with Director of Marketing (DOM) to determine timing for mailings and what to include in the welcome packet. Follow up on the mailings with a phone call the week before each subscribers show to help answer any questions they may have prior to attendance.
- All box office staff will work with the marketing department to determine which performances need to be papered; identify a group(s) of people to invite; send complimentary ticket offers via email, phone or mail; track responses and seat patrons.
- Fulfill all requests for donations and maintain a spreadsheet to track donations. Alert Community and Sales Manager if any requesting organizations look like groups we should work with on future events.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Customer service experience
- Flexibility in schedule
- Ability to work nights and weekends
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic and a sense of humor
- Commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Excellent collaborative, verbal, and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
SPECIAL COVID FACTORS
- With current Shelter-In-Place restrictions in effect, most Playhouse staff is currently working from home. However, due to the nature of box office work, the BOS will likely need to be in the office 1 to 2 days per week.
- Should you not have access to a computer to work from home, one can be provided for you.
YOU SHOULD APPLY
The Playhouse is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.
A relocation stipend may be available, to be discussed upon job offer.
For more information about the Playhouse and other job opportunities, visit westportplayhouse.org.