Application Deadlines by Office:
– Schools: Indiana University, University of Illinois – Champaign, Northwestern University, and University of Notre Dame
– Offices: Atlanta, Boston, Charlotte, New York, San Francisco, Chicago (only for the schools listed above)
– Office(s)/School(s): Chicago / All schools not previously listed
If the application deadline for your school or preferred location has passed, your application will be reviewed as needs remain available.
William Blair is a premier global boutique with expertise in investment banking, investment management, and private wealth management. We are committed to building enduring relationships with our clients and providing expertise and solutions to meet their evolving needs. An independent and employee-owned firm, William Blair is headquartered in Chicago and, together with its strategic partners, operates in more than 20 offices worldwide.
About the summer analyst role:
William Blair’s Investment Banking summer analysts can harness their potential by being part of a culture of collaboration and accountability that offers compelling work and direct client exposure. Your personal and professional growth will be accelerated by working alongside senior bankers who have a vested interest in your development.
Throughout the 9-10-week summer program, you will take on all functions of a full-time analyst, working alongside and supporting senior bankers in researching and creating marketing pitch materials, building financial models to value potential clients, and researching industries or sectors as determined by senior bankers in targeting certain clients or industries. In a short period of time, you will gain a high level of experience and exposure within the firm and will be able to play an integral role in various deals.
The summer program also includes internal training, community service, and social events. After completion of the program, we hope to have most of our summer analysts join us as full-time analysts upon graduation.
Learn more at: https://www.williamblair.com/ibcareers
· Pursuing undergraduate bachelor’s degree with anticipated graduation between December 2022 – June 2023
· Undergraduate major: all majors considered
· Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or above preferred, but open to all applicants
· General understanding of accounting and finance
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
· Strong computer skills, specifically Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
· Adaptability to a constantly changing environment and ability to manage through change with a high degree of emotional maturity
· Highly motivated, detail oriented, team player
· Willing to join our offices in Atlanta, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, New York or San Francisco
Steps required to complete your application:
1. Submit an application on our website for the summer analyst position https://williamblair.avature.net/careers
2. Upon completion of your application, you will receive a link to complete our pre-interview assessment, Suited, which will need to be completed within 48 hours. Please monitor your spam folder, as the email may get caught in spam filters.
William Blair is an equal opportunity employer. It complies with all laws and regulations that prohibit discrimination in employment practice because of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, marital status, sex, age, national origin, unfavorable discharge from military service, or on the basis of a physical or mental disability that is unrelated to the employee’s ability to perform the duties of the job applied for.