About WindSail Capital Group
WindSail Capital Group (“WindSail”) manages WindSail Capital Fund, which provides growth capital to early commercial stage companies advancing energy innovation and sustainability across a wide range of industries. WindSail’s highly structured investment approach offers early stage businesses a less dilutive alternative to conventional venture capital or growth equity and provides investors with strong risk adjusted returns and meaningful downside protection. WindSail was founded by Ian Bowles and Michael Rand, who combine extensive energy sector experience and a deep set of industry relationships with significant regulatory and structured finance expertise. To learn more, please visit our website at www.windsailcapital.com.
- WindSail is seeking an Associate to join our growing team in Boston. We are looking for a well-rounded individual with a strong background in accounting and finance. The Associate will have responsibilities supporting both new deals, origination, and underwriting as well as portfolio management.
- Principal investment responsibilities will include significant participation in the end-to-end due diligence process, financial modeling, authoring investment memorandum, first review of inbound deal flow and interacting with C-level executives and intermediaries.
- The Associate will also have exposure to term negotiations, investment structuring and legal documentation processes.
- Portfolio management and monitoring responsibilities will include regular interaction with senior management teams, participation in monthly portfolio management updates, drafting quarterly portfolio updates to WindSail’s investors, detailed review of monthly reporting packages and ad-hoc analyses supporting the portfolio manager.
- Fund management responsibilities will include investor relations support to our VP of Finance and ad-hoc operational analyses.
- Significant exposure to companies within the energy innovation and sustainability sectors.
- This is a unique opportunity to get hands-on experience as part of a small team, to be part of a collegial and entrepreneurial environment and to have a positive impact.
- Strong academic background
- Strong interest in early stage investing with familiarity of investing structures and process
- 2 years of investment banking
- Comprehensive understanding of accounting and finance including three-statement modeling of various business models and financial statement analysis
- Required skills include the following: financial modeling, qualitative and quantitative analytical skills, strong business judgment, being well organized and attention to detail, team player mentality
- Mature, charismatic individual with exceptional interpersonal skills including written and verbal communication
- Self-motivated with high degree of intellectual curiosity, proactive mentality and desire to work in a flat organizational environment – no task should be too big or too small
- Knowledge of / enthusiasm for the alternative energy and sustainability sectors preferred