WBDC is seeking an enthusiastic Development and Marketing Assistant for its growing organization. Reporting to the Development Manager, this position provides support for the implementation of systems and processes around donor management, fundraising events, and marketing campaigns.
The ideal candidate will be a team player and comfortable in a significant support role working at a fast pace on a variety of tasks. This position requires a highly detailed individual who is passionate and experienced in marketing, special events and fundraising; must be able to document using excellent writing, proofreading and superior Microsoft Office skills. This candidate must possess a strong and proactive sense of initiative and follow-through, allowing needs and/or problems to be detected early when possible, and to be communicated and addressed promptly and successfully. The Development & Marketing Assistant plays a critical role in the overall fundraising and marketing strategies for the organization and will offer the opportunity to join a dynamic team at a rapidly growing non-profit that sits at the forefront of business development for women in Connecticut.
WBDC is currently operating on a hybrid work model, and as normal operations resume, the role will be based in WBDC’s Stamford office. Occasional travel to the three WBDC offices in the state and event venues will be required. The compensation for this full-time role is $40,000 plus benefits.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support WBDC’s interactions with donors, prospects, and sponsors (individuals, corporations, foundations, etc.) to cultivate increased contributions. Communicate with and respond to occurring requests for information from staff, Board Members, and stakeholders.
- Collect and maintain accurate and current information on WBDC’s constituents, donors, foundations, and prospects. Provide administrative support relative to database updates, inputting, and maintenance, ensuring data integrity. Ensure confidentiality of all records. Assist with data reporting and analysis.
- Prepare mailings including annual donor and sponsor campaigns.
- Attend and assist with WBDC’s donor cultivation and fundraising events.
- Assist in the 12-month grant proposal and reporting cycle, including funder outreach, and maintaining record of proposal materials.
- Support the creation of fundraising and marketing materials, and aid various marketing initiatives, including collecting information from clients. Assist with website maintenance and updates.
- Conduct research on various topics and prepare materials for events and projects.
- Track deadlines across development and marketing campaigns.
- Serve as a social media liaison between fundraising and marketing departments.
- Assist with providing administrative support to Board of Directors Committees, particularly the Development Committee as needed (pertaining to department goals/objectives).
- Undergraduate degree
- Preferred 2 years of non-profit fundraising and marketing experience, and experience working in an office and deadline-driven environment
- Proven ability to handle multiple concurrent assignments, prioritize projects, meet deadlines, and synthesize information quickly
- Comfortable working with a small team in a fast-paced environment, and can manage change and thrive in a growth culture
- Strong writing, editing, and verbal communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, and commitment to accuracy
- Must be able to work independently and comfortable making decisions within purview
- Knowledge of basic fundraising and marketing techniques and strategies
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook; proficiency with email marketing, social and digital media
- Passion for information management and experience with databases and data maintenance
- Ability and desire to work at WBDC events outside of office hours
- Must have own transportation as this position requires travel between locations
The Women’s Business Development Council (WBDC) is the statewide leader of entrepreneurial education for women. For over 20 years, we have provided women with the skills, resources, and networks to succeed in business. Headquartered in Stamford with regional offices in New Haven and New London Counties, WBDC has assisted in the creation of over 1,800 businesses, supported the sustainability and expansion of 3,800 established businesses, and the creation of more than 4,900 jobs. WBDC has helped business owners secure over $18,000,000 in capital.
WBDC offers full-time employees a competitive benefit package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, a retirement plan, paid time off, and holidays, in a supportive and flexible working environment.
HOW WE OPERATE
We are a small team of over 25 talented individuals who collectively deliver outstanding results through a high level of passion and commitment.
Please apply if you:
- Possess an Entrepreneurial Mindset – creative, motivated, enthusiastic, and energetic
- Prosper in a culture of teamwork and growth, and value collaboration
- Can think outside the box, pivot, and adapt to changing needs
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates that are intimately familiar with this job posting and excited by this opportunity should email their cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please list WBDC Development & Marketing Assistant in the e-mail subject line. No phone inquiries.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
WBDC, Inc. Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
WBDC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome qualified applicants to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.