WBDC is seeking a passionate and driven Program Coordinator to lead and manage a portion of WBDC’s grantmaking program which focuses on investing in women-owned small businesses across Connecticut. The Program Coordinator will be responsible for the management, implementation, and administration of a portion of WBDC’s Opportunity Fund, ensuring that grant awards and complementary services are accessed equitably and impactfully.
The ideal candidate will be an energetic, strategic, and entrepreneurial-minded leader with at least 5 years of experience in project management and customer service, and familiar with the needs of small business owners. They must be a strong communicator with innate relationship management abilities, and highly organized with an acute attention to detail. The role provides a unique opportunity to join a dynamic team at a rapidly growing organization that sits at the forefront of business development for women in Connecticut.
This is a full-time, fixed-term role for twelve months, with the potential to extend and/or become a permanent position. WBDC is currently operating on a hybrid work model and delivering services virtually. As normal operations resume, the role will be based in WBDC’s Stamford or New Haven office. Travel to the three WBDC offices and other training sites in the state will be required. The compensation is $50,000-$55,000, commensurate with experience, plus benefits.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the development and implementation of WBDC’s Opportunity Fund, focused on the Equity Match Grant and Launch Pad programs. Oversee all processes, including the tracking of applications, awardees, and delivery of funds, and efficient screening of applications by the external review committee. Manage program budgets, ensure appropriate use of funds, and document impact.
- In collaboration with the Client Services Team, lead the execution of Opportunity Fund outreach strategies to build awareness and reach diverse women-owned enterprises throughout Connecticut by cultivating and nurturing relationships with community partners, corporate, state, and non-profit partners to build referrals.
- Work closely with Program Managers and Business Advisors to ensure effective implementation of each initiative within the Opportunity Fund, tied to project deliverables; ensure appropriate expenditure of funds and Opportunity Fund goals are met.
- Track and provide reports on Opportunity Fund progress, gaps, and impact (in conjunction with Impact Team), and present to Senior Management and key stakeholders.
- Conduct information sessions with small business owners on obtaining funding for their business, including through WBDC’s Opportunity Fund; recommend action steps to prepare them for securing funding.
- Minimum 5 years professional experience, with proven results in program and project management, and customer service
- Undergraduate degree in business or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience in lieu of a degree
- Excellent organizational, communication, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Experience working with small business owners/entrepreneurs; microenterprise development, small business banking or lending experience a strong plus
- Experience training, coaching, or counseling business owners/individuals a plus
- Proven stakeholder management skills
- Sales and customer-service oriented with recognized skills in client outreach, and sensitive to the needs of a diverse, multicultural client base
- Fluency in English and Spanish a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with Wizehive, or similar grants management software, a plus
- Passion for supporting women entrepreneurs and small business owners
The Women’s Business Development Council (WBDC) is the statewide leader of entrepreneurial education for women. For over 20 years, we have provided women with the skills, resources, and networks to succeed in business. Headquartered in Stamford with regional offices in New Haven and New London Counties, WBDC has assisted in the creation of over 1,800 businesses, supported the sustainability and expansion of 3,800 established businesses, and the creation of more than 4,900 jobs. WBDC has helped business owners secure over $18,000,000 in capital.
WBDC offers full-time employees a competitive benefit package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, a retirement plan, paid time off, and holidays, in a supportive and flexible working environment.
HOW WE OPERATE
We are a small team of over 25 talented individuals who collectively deliver outstanding results through a high level of passion and commitment.
Please apply if you:
- Possess an Entrepreneurial Mindset – creative, motivated, enthusiastic, and energetic
- Seek to inspire and empower those around you, whether they are clients or colleagues
- Prosper in a culture of teamwork and growth, and value collaboration
- Can think outside the box, pivot, and adapt to client’s changing needs
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates that are intimately familiar with this job posting and excited by this opportunity should email their cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please list WBDC Program Coordinator – Opportunity Fund in the e-mail subject line. No phone inquiries.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
WBDC, Inc. Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
WBDC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome qualified applicants to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.