The Women’s Business Development Council (WBDC) is seeking a passionate and driven Program Manager based in its New London office. The Program Manager will be responsible for managing and delivering WBDC’s programs and services throughout Eastern Connecticut to women entrepreneurs and
other clients at all stages of business development: pre-start-up and new enterprises, as well as developed enterprises.
The ideal candidate will be an innovative, self-starter with creative and analytical skills, and a highly detailed individual who can prioritize, and motivate and manage others. This individual thrives in a dynamic environment and is comfortable with change and a culture of teamwork and growth, within our organization and beyond. They must be a strong communicator with proven skills in project management, with the ability to initiate, refine, and implement multiple projects.
Reporting to the Vice President of Programs and Business Services, this full-time role provides an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic team at an established, growing nonprofit organization that sits at the forefront of business development for women in Connecticut. WBDC is currently operating and delivering services virtually. Once normal operations resume, this position will be based in WBDC’s New London office. Occasional travel to other offices and sites including Stamford, Middlesex, Hartford, and New Haven will be required. The salary range is $55,000
– $65,000 plus benefits and is commensurate with experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Program Manager is responsible for delivering, managing, and implementing WBDC’s programs and services throughout New London, Middlesex, Tolland and Windham Counties, including outreach, facilitation, delivery, and achieving program goals and compliance.
- Manage the New London office, its team members, and regional training agenda and programs
- Serve as a facilitator; provide entrepreneurial/small business advising and instruction
- Work with the other regional Program Directors and teams to develop a cohesive continuum of services for entrepreneurs at each level of business
- Work with the team to ensure program quality, consistency and integrity including curricula, instructors, and staff
- Conduct outreach and develop relationships with community partners (both established and new), working to engage more women of color in the work of WBDC, and attend community meetings and events
- Monitor grant requirements for compliance; implement plans to meet deliverables; and generate program outcomes and report progress
- Manage and engage with Regional Advisory Board
- Support WBDC’s commitment to diversity and inclusion through all programs, activities and management decisions
- Recruit, vet, manage and continue to engage volunteer instructors and counselors
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 8 years professional experience, with proven results in program and project management, community building and customer service
- MBA or undergraduate degree in accounting, finance, management, economics, business administration or entrepreneurship preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and
- Experience in the entrepreneurial ecosystem, (e.g. small business, banking, and/or economic development) and training and development
- Sales and customer-service orientation with proven skills in client outreach and engagement; sensitive to the needs of a diverse client base
- Experience in external affairs and community outreach
- Experience managing people
- Excellent organizational, communication, and decision-making skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Availability to work occasional evenings and/or weekends as needed
- Must have own transportation as this position requires travel between locations
Headquartered in Stamford with regional offices in New Haven and New London, WBDC is the statewide leader of entrepreneurial education for women. For over 20 years, we have provided women with the skills, resources, and networks to succeed in business. WBDC has supported economic development by
assisting in the creation, sustainability, or expansion of more than 6,500 businesses and 8,750 jobs, and helping businesses to access more than $18,000,000 in loans and grants.
WBDC offers a competitive benefit package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, a retirement plan, paid time off, and holidays, in a supportive and flexible working environment.
How We Operate
We are a small team of over 25 talented individuals who collectively deliver outstanding results through a
high level of passion and commitment.
Please apply if you:
- Possess an Entrepreneurial Mindset – creative, motivated, enthusiastic, and energetic
- Seek to inspire and empower those around you, whether they are clients or colleagues
- Prosper in a culture of teamwork and growth, and value collaboration
- Are highly detailed, and can see the big picture while working in the day-to-day
- Take initiative, and demonstrate a sense of urgency in setting and meeting deadlines
- Are passionate about supporting women entrepreneurs and small business owners
How to Apply
Interested candidates who excited by this opportunity should email their cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com. List WBDC PROGRAM MANAGER SECT in the e-mail subject line. No phone inquiries.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
WBDC, Inc. Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
WBDC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome qualified applicants to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or military status