The Program Specialist plays a critical and important role in a highly dynamic, progressive, and intellectually stimulating non-profit organization. This individual will serve as the primary point of contact for clients, and is responsible for supporting and coordinating the delivery of engaging and impactful client services. They will also be responsible for assisting with operations to ensure effective logistical support. This multi-faceted position touches many parts of the organization and allows the individual to serve in front- and back-end roles to provide quality service and programming. It provides an outstanding opportunity to make one’s mark in an innovative sector of the micro-enterprise development industry at a reputable and rapidly growing non-profit.
The Program Specialist must be client-focused and capable of effectively and efficiently addressing clients’ needs. This individual is a motivated self-starter with a positive attitude and excellent interpersonal skills. They thrive in a fast-paced environment and are comfortable with change and a culture of teamwork and growth. This person exercises good judgment in a variety of situations, possesses strong verbal and written communication and organizational skills, and can maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
This position is full-time, and reports to the Vice President of Programs and Business Services. It is currently based remotely and will require regular travel to WBDC’s New London and New Haven offices when normal operations resume. Occasional travel to other offices and sites including Stamford, Bridgeport, New Haven, and Hartford will be required. The compensation is $35,000-$40,000, commensurate with experience, plus benefits.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Program Specialist’s core function is to coordinate the implementation of programs and services (workshops, advising, and events) virtually and throughout Connecticut, particularly in New London, New Haven, and Fairfield Counties. This includes outreach, logistics, facilitation, and delivery of services. Responsibility also extends to supporting operational functions, including supplies management. Specific responsibilities include the following and may include additional duties as assigned.
Programming: Serve as a primary contact for prospective and existing clients, responding to their inquiries and helping them sign-up for programs and counseling. Assist the Client Services Team with identifying client trends and program interest. Conduct assessment counseling and program facilitation.
Marketing: Advertise programs on WBDC website and partner sites. Develop flyers and email blasts to promote upcoming programs to community partners and clients. Collaborate with marketing team to ensure necessary social media.
Outreach: Conduct client outreach, follow-up and surveys to promote long-term engagement and monitor business progress. Communicate with local community organizations to nurture relationships for collaboration and referrals. Represent WBDC at community partner events.
Compliance: Support the Client Services Team with the collection, monitoring and tracking of all WBDC client information, engagement and outcomes, and safeguarding of all client data. Assist with database input of prospective and existing clients, community partners and volunteers. Guide clients through the process of registering on WBDC’s eCenter.
Operations: Answer general phone and email inquiries and provide office coverage at WBDC sites. Manage the procurement of office supplies and maintain vendor contracts. Manage WBDC’s organizational and programmatic calendars and assist with meeting and event logistics.
- Undergraduate degree required, preferably in a business-related field
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience in the fields of administration, customer service, small business development, economic development, micro-enterprise, and/or not-for-profit management, with proven experience in delivering high quality customer service
- Outgoing, patient and customer-service oriented; sensitive to the needs of a diverse client base
- Ability to work independently; possess excellent organizational, communication, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Team player, with willingness to pitch in to achieve organizational goals; ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and clients
- Ability to work on diverse projects, and pivot to meet changing conditions
- Technology savvy; ability to troubleshoot issues and find solutions
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Availability to work occasional evenings/weekends as needed at the discretion of management
- Must have own transportation as this position requires travel between locations
The Women’s Business Development Council (WBDC) is the statewide leader of entrepreneurial education for women. For over 20 years, we have provided women with the skills, resources, and networks to succeed in business. Headquartered in Stamford with regional offices in New Haven and New London Counties, WBDC has assisted in the creation of over 1,800 businesses, supported the sustainability and expansion of 3,800 established businesses, and the creation of more than 4,900 jobs. WBDC has helped business owners secure over $18,000,000 in capital.
WBDC offers full-time employees a competitive benefit package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, a retirement plan, paid time off, and holidays, in a supportive and flexible working environment.
HOW WE OPERATE
We are a small team of over 25 talented individuals who collectively deliver outstanding results through a high level of passion and commitment.
Please apply if you:
- Possess an Entrepreneurial Mindset – creative, motivated, enthusiastic, and energetic
- Seek to inspire and empower those around you, whether they are clients or colleagues
- Prosper in a culture of teamwork and growth, and value collaboration
- Can think outside the box, pivot, and adapt to client’s changing needs
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates that are excited by this opportunity should email their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please list WBDC Program Specialist in the e-mail subject line. No phone inquiries.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
WBDC, Inc. Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
WBDC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome qualified applicants to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.