Frontier Group is hiring entry-level policy associates into two-year positions. Associates split their time between policy analysis work with Frontier Group and a program of intensive training and hands-on experience in public interest advocacy and organizing conducted in partnership with the Public Interest Network. Upon successful completion of the two-year program, the associate will be eligible for a policy analyst position within Frontier Group, or may choose to be considered for a leadership role with one of our partner organizations.
A Frontier Group Policy Associate’s job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conceptualizing and writing compelling reports on social problems and their solutions using a variety of methodologies including literature reviews and data analysis.
- Helping advocates in the field craft a message that will change minds, spur action and generate media attention.
- Collaborating with partner organizations to design and implement report ideas and to maximize distribution of our product.
- Writing op-eds, blog entries and journal articles that insert our findings into the public debate.
- Participating in trainings, presentations and panels.
- Learning the skills of canvassing and managing a fundraising operation, and running a canvass office for a partner organization during the summer months.
- Learning recruiting skills and applying them to job recruitment drives for graduating college seniors seeking careers in social change.
The target annual compensation for this position is $28,500-$30,000 in the first year. Frontier Group offers a competitive benefits package. We also offer an excellent training program and opportunities for advancement.
Start Date for Current Opening
We’re accepting applications for positions starting in January or August 2022.
Prepare a resume and cover letter, and submit your application at http://workforprogress.org/apply/?pos=Policy+Associate&org=Frontier+Group&id=101. Please include a list of references in your cover letter document. If we are interested in your application after reviewing your resume and cover letter, we will send you an email asking you to submit a writing sample and complete a brief questionnaire.
The Public Interest Network operates and supports organizations committed to a shared vision of a better world and a strategic approach to social change. Visit https://publicinterestnetwork.org/core-values.html to learn more.
Center for Public Interest Research is an equal opportunity employer.