This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies: https://ocs.yale.edu/ocs-policies/. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
Job Title: Manager, Software Engineering Location: Denver, CO Function: Engineering Position Type: Full-time Position Level: Manager
Xactly Corporation was founded to solve an important challenge: how to help people everywhere connect and unleash their human potential. Xactly delivers a first-of-its-kind, end-to-end Intelligent Revenue Platform that enables businesses to accelerate the digital transformation of their revenue operations (RevOps). Xactly pairs rich empirical data and purpose-built AI capabilities in one platform to advance the quality and scope of data-driven decision making through the revenue lifecycle. Xactly empowers growing enterprises to effectively manage their revenue generation. Xactly’s Intelligent Revenue Platform carries organizations through the full Revenue lifecycle by focusing on planning, territory and quota, incentives, and pipeline management and forecasting from initial strategy development through execution and prioritization of all aspects of revenue optimization. Harnessing the power of AI, Xactly’s scalable, cloud-based platform combines great software with the industry’s most comprehensive 16-year data set to give customers the trusted insights they need to improve sales performance and grow revenue.
This position is in charge of one of our most innovative teams here at Xactly. You will be responsible for managing and supporting the organization as a whole as well as being hands on in the development process. You will partner with other Engineering Managers in the company to lead and drive continuous process improvements and innovation as well as establish trust across the org with Product Managers, Support, Data Center Operations, and peer engineering teams.
As a functional Engineering Manager, you will help engineers to develop their career plans, mentor and find the best work tailored to their skill set. You will be hands-on when needed to assist your engineering team to ensure quality code and perfect releases.
At Xactly, we believe everyone has a unique story to tell, and these small differences between us have a big impact. When bright, diverse minds come together, we’re challenged to think different ways, generate creative ideas, be more innovative, and take on new perspectives. Our customers come from different cultures and walks of life all around the world, and we believe our teams should reflect that to build strong and lasting relationships.
Xactly’s engineering team is a tight-knit rapidly growing team with diverse backgrounds. We have people that came from startups, Fortune 500’s, and everywhere in between. We pride ourselves in building teams with diversity of opinions in order to build the best software possible. We understand that not everyone works the same way and strive to create a flexible open environment to allow you to create the work/life balance that works best for you. THE SKILL SET
- 2+ years of prior relevant technical lead or management experience
- Experienced in mentoring, managing engineers, recruiting and retaining top talent.
- Strong commitment to good engineering discipline and process including code reviews and delivering unit tests in conjunction with feature delivery
- Ability to make decisions and work with minimal direction even under pressure
- Solid hands on experience with modern programming languages such as Java or React as an example
- Technically deep enough to participate in roadmap prioritization.
- Familiarity and experience with agile (scrum) development process
- Experience establishing and reviewing business metrics with the ability to articulate and provide visibility to the team on various business metrics ensuring every new feature developed meets and is tracked towards those metrics.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or other relevant technical degree or equivalent experience
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU’LL
- Attend New Hire Training
- Learn the Dev and QE processes
- Gain exposure to Xactly’s product suite
- Learn about Xactly’s tools and technologies
- Get to know your team
WITHIN THREE MONTHS, YOU’LL
- Work closely with Engineering Management to help solve problems
- Work with recruitment on hiring for your team
- Participate and lead team meetings
WITHIN SIX MONTHS, YOU’LL
- Discussing and building out product roadmap
- Ensure the best dev practices are being used
- Ensure that we are releasing high quality product
WITHIN TWELVE MONTHS, YOU’LL
- Be an expert on Xactly’s products that your team is working on
- Partner and work cross functionally with other dev teams and the QE team
- Take full ownership of features and processes of the product
- Continuously coach and mentor your team to achieve their career goals
- Continuously think about and work on process improvements for an always high-quality product
Is this role not an exact fit for you? Keep an eye on our Careers Page for other positions!
Pay range: $124,200 – 155,200 + Semi Annual Bonus
Final pay determinations, salary ranges and pay increases are established by the employer. The ranges are an estimate based on potential employee qualifications, operational needs, and other considerations permitted by law. They are based upon a combination of local industry benchmarks, budget, experience, and internal comparisons. Salary ranges allow for growth opportunities as the employee develops new skills, and/or hones current skills.