About the Fellowship
The program will offer up to three new competitive fellowships each year over the first three years. Post-doctoral researchers awarded a three-year fellowship will have access to Yale’s world class faculty, cutting edge research programs, various biomedical data repositories, and robust computational resources. Applicants with strong biomedical data science background and research experience are invited to submit research proposals for consideration. If approved for a fellowship, they will be jointly mentored throughout the research process by Yale’s faculty and scientists from Boehringer Ingelheim. In addition to receiving research funding and mentorship, program fellows will be invited to participate in campus and corporate visits, networking events, and annual symposia.
The program will be based out of the Yale Center for Biomedical Data Science (CBDS) in New Haven, Connecticut. The CBDS is an essential part of a growing data science hub at Yale University, which has identified integrated data science as one of its primary investment areas over the next decade. The CBDS is located within Yale School of Medicine with faculty and researcher members representing diverse disciplines from computational biology, bioinformatics, statistics, computer science, mathematics, biomedical engineering, systems biology, precision medicine, and public health informatics.
Yale’s data science initiative is supported by a host of cutting-edge research institutions working collaboratively. They include:
- Yale Center for Biomedical Data Science,
- Yale Systems Biology Institute,
- Center for Mendelian Genomics,
- Center for RNA Science and Medicine, and
- Center for Medical Informatics.
Yale’s biobanks and technology core includes:
- Yale BioBank GENERATIONS,
- VA Million Veteran Program,
- Center for Research Computing,
- Center for Genomic Health, and
- Center for Genomic Analysis (ninth largest genomic library in the world).
To Apply and Additional Required Materials
Applications must also submit the following files:
- Current CV
- Project Proposal that includes a detailed Research Plan – (1000 word limit).
Please send any inquires to firstname.lastname@example.org.